"GRAZ" Top 5 Page for this destination Graz by croisbeauty

Graz Travel Guide: 562 reviews and 1,463 photos

Graz

My previous Graz page was one of the first pages ever made since I joined to VT. By that time I had analogue camera only so the quality of my pictures was much bellow the usual standards we have today. It was just about time to revisit Graz and rebuilt this page, what I've done during Easter of 2006.
The following are some of important historic dates of the town:
- First mentioned in a document as "Gradec" 1128/29
- 1379 capital of inner Austria
- 1585 foundation of Graz University

Mur island

Mur island was built in between of my two visits to the town. Some people like it the others not, considering it as intruder or disfigured. I belong to those who don't like it although I have to admit, camera like it and it looks spectacular when illuminated in the nights.

Kunsthaus

Kunsthaus is another spot which wasn't here when I visited town in 2002. My first impression, seeing it from the top of the Schlossberg Hill was, it looks like a huge liver and it doesn't fit well in that position.
When reading this two contents, you may get impression that I dislike contemporary architecture and you're probably right.

• Last visit to Graz: Apr 2012
  • Intro Updated Jun 6, 2013

• Nov 28, 2005 at 8:05 PM

graz looks stunning! i have to explore more of austria's cities, i only ever went to innsbruck.

• shirez's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2005 at 5:59 AM

gerat page of Graz! once i ended up here by accident, we were about to go to Croatia, and got stucked in Graz:-)) really enjoyed..

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2005 at 4:54 AM

Wonderful collection of Graz's architecture and history. Enjoyed clicking on the panoramic view of castle.

• lotharlerch's Profile Photo
    Apr 29, 2005 at 5:22 AM

Graz is in fact underrated but the Italians are detecting it nowadays. I like it much more than Salzburg.

• dejavu2gb's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2005 at 4:56 AM

Great Page on graz with some gorgeous pictures!

• Helga67's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2005 at 1:39 AM

Graz looks like a hidden gem in Austria. Thanks for sharing.

• Jeca011's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2005 at 4:09 PM

Fantastic page and great photos.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2004 at 12:11 AM

Sehr schon prezentazion von Graz ! Viele dank, Boris !

• FRONA's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2004 at 8:24 AM

Schnitzel und jazz ja bitte!

• Daja123's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2003 at 12:54 PM

Graz je resnicno ljubko in zanimivo mestece. Vredno ogleda. Lepo si ga predstavil Boris.

croisbeauty

“do not hesitate, pack your bag and go, doesn't matter where”

Badges & Stats in Graz