"Toscana, terra dei vini" Top 5 Page for this destination Tuscany by croisbeauty
Tuscany Travel Guide: 10,782 reviews and 27,646 photos
When thinking of Tuscany the very first thing that crosses our minds is probably Firenze or Palio di Siena. Towns are the places where people live, people makes towns and we all identify certain territory or region by its towns. Following it, when thinking of Spain it is Madrid, Barcelona or Granada, when Hungary it is Budapest, when France it is Paris, and so on. Have you ever think of an specific country or territory by puting in the first place its natural beauty? If not, try to do so when tkinking of Tuscany, it deserve it by all means.
The last part of my 2005 holidays I spend in Toscana (Tuscany), exploring Firenze, the area of Chianti, Siena, San Gimignano, Volterra and Pisa. I've spend ten immemorable days in the area which is also known as the heart of Italy and the region where people speak the most beautiful Italian you can hear. It is so-called Toscaniggare way of speaking. Since I speak Italian fluently, it was great pleasure for me to speak with the locals and hearing their beautiful dialect.
No metter how long do you stay here, it's never enough to visit all the places you've put in your itinerary. I was short in time to visit southmost part of Toscana, Moltancino in particularly, and exiting Lucca. The landscapes of Chianti were too beautiful and I stayed there much more then I have planned it.
TO BE CONTINUED
Besides the history and historic sights, eversince the prehistoric times, Toscana has much more to offer. It is famous for its slow-food, which is among the best in Italy, for Toscana sheep cheese, which is of exceptional quality and taste, but above all for Toscana wines, which are among the best in the world. As far as I am concerned, Brunello red wine is the king of the wines. The most precious Brunello is originated from Montalcino, small town south of Siena. Brunello is very expensive wine, a bottle of it costs from 25 to 150 euros, but it worth every euro you spend on it.
The next sort of wine, wide world famous, is Chianti Classico which is originated from the region of Chianti, a tiny part of Toscana situated in between the towns of Firenze and Siena.
Perhaps you have noticed marks or indications of "Via Francigena", especially when visiting San Gimignano or in its... more travel advice
Colle di Val d'Elsa is situated on a half way in between Siena and San Gimignano, just a few kilometres after... more travel advice
croisbeauty's Related Pages
Tuscany Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pisa, Siena, Pontedera and more..."
- "Toscana - Quintessential Italia"
- "Toscana, terra dei vini"
- "T O S C A N A"
- "Tuscany like a picture"
- "Under construction"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tuscany
- Hotels in Tuscany
- Transportation in Tuscany
- Nightlife in Tuscany
- Restaurants in Tuscany
- Shopping in Tuscany
- Warnings and Dangers in Tuscany
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tuscany
- 356 Reviews
- 1,122 Photos
- 124 Forum posts
- 8 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (251)
Have you been to Tuscany?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tuscany
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 268 reviews, 1232 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 244 reviews, 987 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 200 reviews, 708 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 157 reviews, 609 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 141 reviews, 493 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rome Intro, 132 reviews, 501 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 120 reviews, 425 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 137 reviews, 408 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 105 reviews, 395 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 95 reviews, 394 photos