"Italia nel cuore" Top 5 Page for this destination Italy by croisbeauty
Italy Travel Guide: 73,000 reviews and 200,282 photos
I love Italy, it is very close to my home country and I am visiting it regularly. Besides pleasure I visit it for business purposes too.
Italy is not only Rome, Venice, Florence or Neaples, there are so many other beautiful places a must see. In this regard I would like to mention long list of underrated places like: Trieste, Verona, Perugia, Vicenza, Padova, Ferrara, Cremona, Vigevano, Mantova, Modena, Bologna, Siena, Genova, Ravenna, and so on.
If possible travel around by car because, in my opinion, this is the best way to explore the country. If you are traveling by car do not rush, remember you are on holidays, take "Statale" (State roads) not auto-strada, you will see much more and cost you less.
Avoid, if possible, to be on the road before 8:30 AM, from 12:00-14:00 PM and from 17:00-18:00 PM. If not you are risking going banana's, there are millions of cars on the roads at that time! On the contrary, if you are enjoing to meet all kinds of Schumi's, or Coulthard's start your car and go.
It is much better for you to stop your car around noon and pick up an restaurant to eat. Now, the question is where to eat good and not spend too much. First choice is going in the nearest village and look for "Trattoria". The second choice, I suggest you, is to look for restaurant in front of which you can see a great number of trucks. That is the right place, you can belive me.
There are so many different interests to visit Italy and each one is acceptable:
- exploring historical places or ruins,
- enjoying the swiming resorts on sea coast or lakes,
- climbing on the mountains and skiing,
- eating delicious food and testing fine wines, or
For those of you who are fashion freaks, I suggest two tiny streets in the centre of Milan; Via Montenapeleone and Via della Spiga.
All you need there fellow VTers, is a lots of big $$$$$$, mucho denaros, sehr file geld, jako puno novaca, tantissimi soldi.
- Pros:great architecture, excellent cousine, nice people
- Cons:admission to the churches
- In a nutshell:A goccia a goccia s'incava la roccia
The oldest finds of wine production dating back to around 6000 BC and were found in Iran and Armenia. In Greece there... more travel advice
So many names for one mysterious civilization! People who called themselves Rasenna, which was syncopated to Rasna,... more travel advice
- See All Pickpockets - mode of operation
- See All Plug adapter for Italy
- See All Cinque Terre
- See All Portobuffole
- See All When visiting Verona
croisbeauty's Related Pages
Italy Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Buongiorno Italia, Ti amo Italia"
- "Italia nel cuore"
- "ITALIA - PREGO!"
- "Italy - awakens passion, life & confidence"
- "The Many Faces of Italy"
- "Paul's Journey through Italy"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Italy
- Hotels in Italy
- Transportation in Italy
- Nightlife in Italy
- Restaurants in Italy
- Shopping in Italy
- Warnings and Dangers in Italy
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Italy
- 3,340 Reviews
- 10,305 Photos
- 1,253 Forum posts
- 84 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (251)
Have you been to Italy?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Italy
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 268 reviews, 1232 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 244 reviews, 987 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 200 reviews, 708 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 157 reviews, 609 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 141 reviews, 493 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rome Intro, 132 reviews, 501 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 120 reviews, 425 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 137 reviews, 408 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 105 reviews, 395 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 95 reviews, 394 photos