"Italia nel cuore" Top 5 Page for this destination Italy by croisbeauty

Italy Travel Guide: 69,751 reviews and 187,263 photos

Duino

I love Italy, it is very close to my home country and I am visiting it regularly. Besides pleasure I visit it for business purposes too.
Italy is not only Rome, Venice, Florence or Neaples, there are so many other beautiful places a must see. In this regard I would like to mention long list of underrated places like: Trieste, Verona, Perugia, Vicenza, Padova, Ferrara, Cremona, Vigevano, Mantova, Modena, Bologna, Siena, Genova, Ravenna, and so on.
If possible travel around by car because, in my opinion, this is the best way to explore the country. If you are traveling by car do not rush, remember you are on holidays, take "Statale" (State roads) not auto-strada, you will see much more and cost you less.
Avoid, if possible, to be on the road before 8:30 AM, from 12:00-14:00 PM and from 17:00-18:00 PM. If not you are risking going banana's, there are millions of cars on the roads at that time! On the contrary, if you are enjoing to meet all kinds of Schumi's, or Coulthard's start your car and go.
It is much better for you to stop your car around noon and pick up an restaurant to eat. Now, the question is where to eat good and not spend too much. First choice is going in the nearest village and look for "Trattoria". The second choice, I suggest you, is to look for restaurant in front of which you can see a great number of trucks. That is the right place, you can belive me.

(NOT FINISHED)

Venezia

There are so many different interests to visit Italy and each one is acceptable:
- exploring historical places or ruins,
- enjoying the swiming resorts on sea coast or lakes,
- climbing on the mountains and skiing,
- eating delicious food and testing fine wines, or
- shopping

Roma

For those of you who are fashion freaks, I suggest two tiny streets in the centre of Milan; Via Montenapeleone and Via della Spiga.
All you need there fellow VTers, is a lots of big $$$$$$, mucho denaros, sehr file geld, jako puno novaca, tantissimi soldi.

• Pros:great architecture, excellent cousine, nice people
  • Cons:admission to the churches
  • In a nutshell:A goccia a goccia s'incava la roccia
  • Last visit to Italy: Sep 2011
  • Intro Updated Sep 26, 2011

• eriksson977's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2009 at 5:06 AM

Outstanding pages from Italy. I just came back from Italy last week. Tomas Eriksson :)

• JessH's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2007 at 1:34 AM

Hello Boris. Fantastic page! My honeymoon will be in Italy (Florence + more rural areas). In your opinion: what's the best season to visit? I really enjoyed your tips & personal insights - well-deserved top5 page here! Greetings from Dubai / Jess :-)

• Dec 17, 2006 at 11:02 AM

Hi, in 1965 I came across the same view -photographed the church- made a note it was "near Schio" my search came up with your photo and your comments .I am scanning my old negs and wanted to know more -I will let you know if I find more information.

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2006 at 12:49 AM

Your fondness for Italy shows on your pages - you do her justice - hope you've had a chance to read "The Italians" by Barzini (detail on my Italy page) - I know you would appreciate it!

• Royal63's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2006 at 9:31 AM

So many wonderful pictures and tips. We will be going to Italy on a tour for our first time this September. I thought the information on your pages were very helpful. Thank you!

• rubbersoul75's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2006 at 7:34 AM

Ciao Grosso, FORZA ITALIA!

• PatB1253's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2006 at 1:22 PM

I found your comments and tips to be very helpful. Easy to read and entertaining as well.

• MSLIV's Profile Photo
    May 31, 2006 at 4:52 PM

Thanks for all your wonderful suggestions and comments. Please help me find a hotel on Lake Garda, any suggestions from you will be so much apprecitedl

• OregonTravlr's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2005 at 4:03 AM

Hello, Your photos are beautiful. I was also in Italy in May, and hope to return in a year or two. You are lucky to live so close.

• Sep 28, 2005 at 7:12 PM

who cannot help but fall in love with bella italia? your photos are so perfect, and so amazing, they just somehow make italy look even better, if possible! cheers boris.

croisbeauty

“do not hesitate, pack your bag and go, doesn't matter where”

Badges & Stats in Italy