"Arona" Arona by croisbeauty
Arona Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 74 photos
Arona is situated close to Castelleto Ticino, a small town nearby Varese where I often sleep if there is no vaccancy in Varese hotels. During my last bussines trip to Varese, in mid-July 2005, I stayed there for whole weekend having enough time to explore nearby Arona.
The very first thing you see when approaching to Arona is the huge castle of Angera, small town which is situated right opposite to Arona. The castle of Angera is one of the best preserved mediaval castles in Italy and never in its history have suffered of any kind of destroying. Today it houses an interesting Museo della Bambola with a stunning collection of dolls, toys and miniature furniture.
croisbeauty's Related Pages
Arona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A R O N A"
- "Arona, an "on the way to" place"
- "Alpine lakes"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Arona
- 20 Reviews
- 47 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (235)
Have you been to Arona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arona
Photos in AronaSee All Photos (47)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 258 reviews, 1202 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 238 reviews, 962 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 200 reviews, 708 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 156 reviews, 603 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 141 reviews, 484 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rome Intro, 130 reviews, 491 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 120 reviews, 425 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 137 reviews, 408 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 105 reviews, 395 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 95 reviews, 394 photos