Burano Favorite Tips by croisbeauty Top 5 Page for this destination
Burano Favorites: 15 reviews and 41 photos
sunset over Burano
Favorite thing: There are number of small islands and islets in the lagoon of Venice but not all of them are favourale for builting the settlements. Aqua alta (high water) is permanent danger in whole of lagoon and it is why alot of chanels excisting in town of Venice and its neighbouring islands where settlements have been built. The network of chanels serve to keep the level of water under the controll. Need alot of skill to live and survive in a places as Burano is.
Favorite thing: Burano is like a heaven that enchants the tourists, not only for the pastel colours of its houses, but even more for its charm and the unreal silince of its mornings.
Those who are able to understand Italian will be enchant for the peculiar local dialect that has the characteristics to lenghten, almost to double the consonants. It is Venetian dialect, of course, but speaking in the local way.
Favorite thing: According to the legend, the island once called Burjano became Burano when the family Buriana settled down here. Another strory tells that inhabitants of Burano came from the destroyed Buranello, small island wich is now under the water. Btw, "buranius" in latin means people.
Chiesa di San Martino
Favorite thing: The 16th century parish church of San Martino, sunbsequently enlarged, dominates whole the island of Burano. The interiors content very significant piece of works by Palma the Younger and "Crucifixtion" by Gianbattista Tiepolo, one of his early works.
Favorite thing: Piazza Galuppi is the heart of the townlet, the huge open space where the main institutions of the place can be found nad where the local community gather together during the local festivities. As the rest of the place, the main square is very colourfull.
More Reviews (23)
croisbeauty's Related Pages
Burano Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Burano – colour your soul"
- "Burano - land of thousands colours"
- "United Colours of ....Burano!"
- "Burano - Colourful Little Island of the Lagoon"
- "Colourful Burano"
- "Bold, Beautiful, But Buggy, Burano"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Burano
- Transportation in Burano
- Nightlife in Burano
- Restaurants in Burano
- Shopping in Burano
- Warnings and Dangers in Burano
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Burano
- 28 Reviews
- 93 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (136)
Have you been to Burano?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Burano
Photos in BuranoSee All Photos (93)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 252 reviews, 1172 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 219 reviews, 811 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 193 reviews, 634 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 154 reviews, 596 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rome Intro, 123 reviews, 466 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 124 reviews, 433 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 134 reviews, 395 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 116 reviews, 411 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 105 reviews, 395 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nairobi Intro, 86 reviews, 385 photos, 4 travelogues