"Burano - land of thousands colours" Top 5 Page for this destination Burano by croisbeauty

Burano Travel Guide: 203 reviews and 688 photos

Canals of Burano

As far as I am concerned, Burano is the most beautiful part of area of Venice and a must see place. Former fishermen and agricultural vilage is turned into the very attractive and perfect spot for entire daytrip. You wont find elegant palaces or grandious churches and squares here, instead Burano offers simple one or two storey houses painted in all combinations of pastel colours what makes this place extremely pitoresque and attractive.
I didn't know it but, thanks to fellow member LUDOGATTO (Simona), have learned recently why the village is so colourfully painted. The reason is very simple one, it allows local fishermen to see it from a far distance when approaching home. And it make sence of cource, because heavy mist in the lagoon is not an rare phenomena here.

Panoramic view from the nearby island

This is how it looks from the water front or, as it shows this picture, from the next small island connected to Burano with the wooden bridge.

Sunset over lagoon

This sunset picture was taken from the location of Tre Ponti, which is island next to Burano.

• Last visit to Burano: Mar 2005
  • Intro Updated Apr 23, 2006

• gkitzmil's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2006 at 5:31 AM

Great tip about Burano, Boris!

• sikorka's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2006 at 2:27 PM

Great info about Burano, we'll try to stop there this October. Grazie for tips!

• Bashir-1's Profile Photo
    Jun 7, 2006 at 8:39 AM

Nice scenes ... best wishes

• ludogatto's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2006 at 3:13 AM

quanto tempo dall'ultima volta a Burano!...che colori...le case erano colorate per permettere ai pescatori di riconoscerle da lontano! Belle foto!

• johnandlynclarke's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2006 at 8:18 AM

What a lovely job. Your photos and commentaries are excellent. You have made us excited to go there next week while we are staying in Venice.

• LauraWest's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2005 at 4:06 PM

So colorful! What color is YOUR house?! Mine's bright blue but came that way. Might stay that way,too, when I have to repaint. Love blue! and other colors!!

• kcrismier's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2005 at 3:54 PM

I was in Venezia for only 1 1/2 days last year, and didn't make it to Burano. Your photos and descriptions make me want to return just to go to Burano! It looks lovely.

• LBKesner's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2005 at 2:48 PM

I had forgotten how much I enjoyed the day spent in Burano! Thanks for the reminder.

• sandysmith's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2005 at 6:38 AM

a firm favourite of mine too 0 just a short boat ride from Murano where we shall stay. Love the reflections of course!

• Rachael71's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2005 at 12:41 PM

It looks beautiful. Hopefully we will make time to visit it next month when we are in Venice. I think we are going to be busy!

croisbeauty

“do not hesitate, pack your bag and go, doesn't matter where”

Badges & Stats in Burano