"CORTINA & CADORE" Top 5 Page for this destination Cortina d'Ampezzo by croisbeauty
Cortina d'Ampezzo Travel Guide: 82 reviews and 231 photos
Passo di Falzarego is definetely the highest peak I have ever visited. Not that I am afraid of the mountains or high peaks, but since I am mediterranean type it was out of my interest until recently I have visited, along with Vter nykaenen, the area of Bolzano.
The area of Cortina and all its surroundings is of exceptional beauty and now Im sure to revisit it in late summer or early autumn coz I would like to see the colours of the nature in that period.
This is area around Calalzo di Cadore, which is situated in the center of Cadore on a top of morenic terrace. At the back of the town there is the impressive mountain group of Marmarola, and at the end of Oten valley there is Antelao the king of the Dolomites.
The vast area of Cadore is rich with nature, culture and art. It offers to the visitors a number of activities, such as, skiing for novices or very competent skiers, hicking to the mountains, exploring the nature, fishing, ice scating, cross-country skiing or charming sources of ferruginous water at Fonti di Lagole, known for their therapeutic properties.
Not to mentioned that Lorenzago di Cadore for many years is the holiday destination of Pope John Paul II.
This small chapel of exceptional beauty stands at the top of the Passo Falzarego, just opposite to the Funivia Lagazuoi.... more travel advice
Cortina's most dramatic cable cars are the Freccia nel Cielo (what means Arrow to the Sky), which is region's longest... more travel advice
croisbeauty's Related Pages
Cortina d'Ampezzo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CORTINA & CADORE"
- "Cortina d'Ampezzo - Darling of the Dolomites"
- "CORTINA d'AMPEZZO & SURROUNDS"
- "CORTINA - JEWEL OF THE DOLOMITES"
- "First visit"
- "how the other half live"
- "Cortina and the Dolomites"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cortina d'Ampezzo
- Hotels in Cortina d'Ampezzo
- Transportation in Cortina d'Ampezzo
- Restaurants in Cortina d'Ampezzo
- Warnings and Dangers in Cortina d'Ampezzo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cortina d'Ampezzo
- 27 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (146)
Have you been to Cortina d'Ampezzo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cortina d'Ampezzo
Photos in Cortina d'AmpezzoSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 252 reviews, 1172 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 220 reviews, 835 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 200 reviews, 707 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 154 reviews, 600 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rome Intro, 123 reviews, 466 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 128 reviews, 453 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 134 reviews, 395 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 116 reviews, 411 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 105 reviews, 395 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nairobi Intro, 86 reviews, 385 photos, 4 travelogues