"ESTE - La citta della ceramica" Este by croisbeauty
Este Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 42 photos
Actually I didn't know much about the town of Este, which is situated in the Province of Padova. This small town with no more than 18000 inhabitants represents the centre of the regional agricultural production. Besides, although small it has rich history and many historical monuments which dates back in the Middle Ages.
I've droped here only by chance, driving my car on motorway from Vicenza to Padova. As soon as I have seen the castle, had to stop here because I like the castles and have to explore them.
The castle was originated by Alberto Azzo II Este (1056), today it is turned into the Public park and National Archeological Museum.
There is a small river, flowing through the place, making it more pitoresque.
The name Este comes from the river Adige - Athesis in Latin - that flowed across the town's territory until 589 AC, when... more travel advice
The castle was built in 1056, by order of Alberto Azzo d'Este, and then reconstructed several times in the 12th and 13th... more travel advice
croisbeauty's Related Pages
Este Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Este
- 18 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (127)
Have you been to Este?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Este
Photos in EsteSee All Photos (37)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 239 reviews, 1104 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 219 reviews, 802 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 193 reviews, 634 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rome Intro, 123 reviews, 466 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 124 reviews, 433 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 134 reviews, 395 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 105 reviews, 395 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 111 reviews, 386 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nairobi Intro, 85 reviews, 376 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Croatia Intro, 86 reviews, 372 photos, 6 travelogues