"Ferrara" Top 5 Page for this destination Ferrara by croisbeauty
Ferrara Travel Guide: 366 reviews and 984 photos
I spend two days in Ferrara, unfortunately having bad weather most of the time. There was a slice of sun only half an hour, just before I had to left to Firenze, enabling me to take some pictures of the castle and the cathedral light upon the sun.
Ferrara is situated, in some way, off the road Padova - Bologna, and is inextricably linked to the great river Po. The river Po in spate have strongly influenced to the history of the town, brokeing its banks in several occasions and making severe damage. The history of the town is also linked to the struggles between Empire and Papacy and between the allied factions of the Guelph and Ghibelline. The Este family emerged against the background of these struggles and in 1264 became rulers of the city.
TO BE CONTINUED
I was lucky to find accomodation, as soon as I got to the town, in a small hotel situated in Via San Romano. Later on I discovered it is one of the most characteristic streets in the old core of the town, leading to the very heart of the town. Washed under the rain in late evening it looks very attractive.
croisbeauty's Related Pages
Ferrara Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Medieval town of Ferrara"
- "My second town"
- "Ferrara - charming, medieval city"
- "Origins Wrapped in Mystery: Ferrara"
- "Worth a look"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ferrara
- Hotels in Ferrara
- Transportation in Ferrara
- Nightlife in Ferrara
- Restaurants in Ferrara
- Shopping in Ferrara
- Warnings and Dangers in Ferrara
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ferrara
- 61 Reviews
- 142 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (234)
Have you been to Ferrara?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ferrara
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 258 reviews, 1187 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 239 reviews, 962 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 200 reviews, 708 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 156 reviews, 603 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rome Intro, 130 reviews, 491 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 139 reviews, 478 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 120 reviews, 425 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 137 reviews, 408 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 105 reviews, 395 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 95 reviews, 394 photos