"FIRENZE - FLORENCE" Top 5 Page for this destination Florence by croisbeauty

Florence Travel Guide: 5,035 reviews and 11,002 photos

Fontana di Nettuno

This is what happened to Nettuno in summer of 2005!, some barbarian tourist climbed up on the statue and have broken its right hand. The Neptune Fountain, work of Ammannati, was carried out between 1563 and 1575, being "eye-witness" of many wars and inclements during the centuries and nothing bad happened to it. Do we have right to call us the civilized?
I revisited Florence in September 2011 and the right hand of Nettuno is restaurated.

Ponte Vecchio

My first visit to Firenze was long ago, I was young and fresh ready for new experience. I still remember the tremor I had when strolling around all this monumental churches and palaces and the admiration I felt standing in front of copy of Michelangelo's Davide. But most of all, I remember the atmosphere of an vivace city, crowded by the tourists and locals and yet all this people were happy, friendly and above all very polite. Before this summer of 2005, I was here six years ago and in that occasion found Firenze very changed. Architecurarly, nothing has happened, Duomo was still there as well as Ponte Vecchio, Santa Croce, Piazza della Signoria...., but something was missing and I couldn't find out what.
After this last visit, in August of 2005, I know what the missing chain is, there is no atmosphere in the city and the crowd has dramatically changed. I saw hords of robotes, jumping from sight to sight and elbowing each other with no manners at all. I wanted to revisit Uffizi, Duomo, Palazzo Vecchio,...., but had to quit. Couldn't stand elbows, stepings upon me, bad manners and nobody says EXCUSE ME. Gosh, I am not small guy, have 191cm, but having enough of all I decided to stay outside of the major sights this time.

The Tower of Palazzo Vecchio

During this visit I've discovered some new sights, in particularly in the quarter of San Frediano, but have missed some I already knew. Haven't visit Santa Croce, Giardino di Boboli, Monte alle Croci and in particularly Fiesole. My plan was to stay in Firenze for three days but the unpolite crowd forced me to excape towards Chianti and Siena.

• Last visit to Florence: Sep 2011
  • Intro Updated Mar 17, 2014

• starship's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2014 at 5:20 AM

Thanks for the comprehensive page and wonderful photos of Florence. Wish I had been able to see more and take more quality photos when we visited.

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2008 at 6:34 AM

great tips!

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo
      Feb 27, 2014 at 9:35 AM

you are welcome, thank you for your time used to check my impressions from Florence

• May 14, 2008 at 5:44 PM

its towards the end of borgo ognissanti, although i cant say that its near the duomo, or that ive been there, just passed by.

• mariaschmidt's Profile Photo
    Dec 25, 2007 at 12:34 AM

I appreciate very much the sincerety of your reviews that makes them more interesting and usefull - Thanks and Happy New Year 2008 - Mary from Tel Aviv

• craic's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2007 at 5:36 AM

what a beautiful place

• JessH's Profile Photo
    Sep 6, 2007 at 12:21 AM

Hello Boris. Am planning a trip to Florence and found your pages very useful. Great tips and photos here! Thanks for sharing your insights. Greetings from the desert / Jess :-)

• Dester's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2007 at 11:17 AM

We are planning a trip within the first four months of next year. Do you know what the weather is like February to May? Your off the beaten path pics are awesome!

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2006 at 4:01 AM

Wow, great ips, brings back such fond memories. I still have a rose a local gave me on Ponte Vecchio...now 20 years ago...yikes I'm old...

• shirez's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2006 at 4:08 PM

anche io!!!:-))

• joetourist's Profile Photo
    Jun 19, 2006 at 10:28 PM

Actually Neptune's arm was broken off by a drunken local of Florence, not a tourist. The local has since offered to pay for repairs to the statue.

croisbeauty

“do not hesitate, pack your bag and go, doesn't matter where”

Badges & Stats in Florence

Have you been to Florence?

Latest Activity in Florence