Lazise Things to Do Tips by croisbeauty Top 5 Page for this destination
Lazise Things to Do: 16 reviews and 17 photos
Porta San Zeno
Porta San Zeno (the San Zeno Gate), a portition of the City Walls, is the main gateway into the old core of the town.
In case you are traveling by car, I suggest you to park your car on a huge parking place western side from this gate. There you can enter in the old core through Porta del Lion which is located next to the Castello Scaligero.
Address: Via Porta San Zeno
Chiesetta di San Nicolo
The little church of San Nicolo is the ancient church on Lago di Garda. It was designed in a very simple Romanesque style dating back to 12th century.
Do not miss visiting the interior of the church because it preserved precious frescoes painted by the artist of great Giotto's school.
Address: Piazzeta Partenio
Directions: In the port of Lazise, a foot from Piazza Vittorio Emanuele and Castello Scaligero
the city walls
In the times when Venetian Republic ruled the place, the town of Lazise was the main fiscal port of Lago di Garda. Being so important place, the whole town was protected by the massive city walls which are very good preserved.
Via Rocca, what is the name of this street, leads you, turning left, into the direction of the parish church and Porta San Zeno.
Address: Via Rocca
Directions: When entering the town through Porta del Lion, turn rightside and that it
The signs of the Scala Family rule over Lazise, and whole Lago di Garda area, can be noticed everywhere. The mighty family have built several castles all around Lago di Garda, those at Sirmione, Lazise, Malcesine and Valeggio are the best known.
Address: Via Castello
Directions: A foot from Piazzeta Partenio, or through Porta del Lion when entering in the town from the western side.
More Reviews (18)
croisbeauty's Related Pages
Lazise Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lazise, my favorite place on Lago di Garda"
- "Laid Back Lazise"
- "2nd stop on our Lake Garda excursion"
- "Lazy days in Lazise"
- "EASTER WITH FRIENDS AT LAZISE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lazise
- Hotels in Lazise
- Transportation in Lazise
- Nightlife in Lazise
- Restaurants in Lazise
- Shopping in Lazise
- Warnings and Dangers in Lazise
- See All...
Explore the World
- Valona Hotels
- Schaarsbergen Hotels
- Bahawalpur Ghalwan Hotels
- Union Territory of Daman and Diu
- Summerton Hotels
- Wojewodztwo Zachodniopomorskie
Badges & Stats in Lazise
- 23 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (127)
Have you been to Lazise?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lazise
Photos in LaziseSee All Photos (39)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 239 reviews, 1109 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 219 reviews, 802 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 193 reviews, 634 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rome Intro, 123 reviews, 466 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 124 reviews, 433 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 134 reviews, 395 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 105 reviews, 395 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 111 reviews, 386 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nairobi Intro, 85 reviews, 376 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Croatia Intro, 86 reviews, 372 photos, 6 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (170)
Latest Lazise hotel reviews
- Hotel Giulietta Romeo
- 32 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 3, 2013