"Lazise, my favorite place on Lago di Garda" Top 5 Page for this destination Lazise by croisbeauty

Lazise Travel Guide: 51 reviews and 113 photos

The Port of Lazise

Lazise is a small town on the lake shore of Garda, half way between Peschiera and the town of Garda. It is not that known as Sirmione or Desenzano but, in my opinion, equally beautiful and more.

Porta del Lion

Although small it has long and rich history since the period of mighty Lords of Scala Family who ruled here in the Middle Ages. Later on it has became a very important lake port in the times of the Venetian Republic.

Piazzeta

There are many small squares (piazzeta) in the old core of the town where one can spend wonderful time in cafe-bars or restaurants.

• Pros:very relaxing atmosphere
  • In a nutshell:it is beautiful any time of the year
  • Last visit to Lazise: Jun 2005
  • Intro Updated Jun 28, 2005

• painterdave's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2007 at 2:04 PM

Your favorite place on Lake Garda....This is where I will go to paint. Thanks.

• May 7, 2006 at 5:12 PM

Do you think a rental car is needed in Lazise. We will be ther a week but don't wnat to feel "stranded".

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2005 at 2:32 AM

Lazise looks like a very nice place. The name of the town is not much known. Those who don't come here don't know what they miss ! Nice tips added on the restaurants !

• pink63's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2005 at 4:25 PM

I spent one summer in Lazise, it was great: it is still in my memory. Very well done, beautiful picture! ciao dona

• Spinka's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2003 at 10:23 AM

Beautiful pictures and interesting tips. Thanks for sharing.

• chrishc's Profile Photo
    Nov 14, 2003 at 4:33 AM

I visited Lasize on my honeymoon, you have brought back memories, it rained and we sheltered under the gate. Great . . .Thank you

• unravelau's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2003 at 10:42 PM

I just love to be the first to comment on a new page and this place just looks like my cup of tea. Thank you.

croisbeauty

“do not hesitate, pack your bag and go, doesn't matter where”

Badges & Stats in Lazise