"Lago Maggiore and the Borromeo Islands" Top 5 Page for this destination Lago Maggiore by croisbeauty

Lago Maggiore Travel Guide: 117 reviews and 237 photos

Lago Maggiore

While ago I had discusion with several Vters regarding lakes of Maggiore and Garda. The key question was, which one of this two lakes is more bautiful? I am regularly visiting Lake of Garda, considering it the most beautiful lake in whole Italy. As for Lake of Maggiore, I've visited it before, eastern side only, but since I didn't like it have never made any photo of it. Once before, during my regular visits to Varese, I've visited Arona during the winter, but couldn't seen much of it because of the fog.
This page is my tribute to above mentioned discusion, in order to prove that my statment was right. There are many fancy villas all over the Lake of Maggiore, which cannot be seen around the Lake of Garda, however, nothing here can be compared with the beauty of Sirmione, Lazise, Bardolino, Malcesine....

Isola dei Pescatori

Isola dei Pescatori, the Fishermen Island, is definetely the most beautiful part of Lago Maggiore. Although much smaller and without canals, its structure reminded me alot to Burano (Venice lagoon). Short and narrow streets inside the place are in particularly pitoresque.

Isola Bella

Isola Bella, the Beautiful Island, is probably the best known and most visited spot on Lago Maggiore. Sincerely, I didn't like much its structure. There is an park, which is tawdriness, as far as I am concerned. Besides, Palazzo Borromeo is of enourmuous proportions for such a small island.

• Last visit to Lago Maggiore: Jul 2005
  • Intro Updated Jul 19, 2005

• LiviaS's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2009 at 9:40 AM

Tawdriness and ungracefulness?! Clearly you don't know much about the culture and art of the past centuries.

croisbeauty

“do not hesitate, pack your bag and go, doesn't matter where”

Badges & Stats in Lago Maggiore

Have you been to Lago Maggiore?

Latest Activity in Lago Maggiore