"PADOVA - PADUA" Top 5 Page for this destination Padova by croisbeauty
Padova Travel Guide: 717 reviews and 1,964 photos
Have been in Padova many times before, mostly in shoping and pilgrimage, this time I went there to meet my VT friend KAJRON (Mattia).
We have spend a couple of hours together watching Prato delle Valle crowded with people in the occasion of Maratona del Santo (Marathon race) in which Mattia has participated as a competitor on 5 km. distance race. All those who have finished succesfuly - Mattia did it - have been awarded by a medal. BRAVO Mattia, CAPS OFF.
Later on, Mattia invited me to be guest at his home offering me warm hospitality and very tasteful dinner he made.
Thank you Mattia for your hospitality and your friendship. See you soon my friend in Padova or in Croatia.
Padova je grad umjetnosti i kulture, jedan od najvecih i najpoznatijih sveucilisnih centara u Italiji. Najveca znamenitost Padove je Ante Padovanski ciju crkvu i grob hodocaste nebrojni vjernici iz cijeloga svijeta. Bazilika sv. Ante, koju gradjani Padove kolokvijalno nazivaju "Il Santo" (svetac), velicanstveno je zdanje koje ujedinjuje klasicni talijanski ali i bizantinski stil gradnje sakralnih objekata. Tu se nalazi prelijepi trg Prato della Valle, toranj La Specola s kojeg je Gallileo promatrao svemir i totkrio planet Jupiter, kapelica Scrovegni ciju unutrasnjost je oslikao neprevazidjeni Giotto, i jos mnogo toga sto vrijedi vidjeti.
As soon as Gregory IX had canonized St. Anthony, May 30 1232, the Franciscan Friars decided to built a bigger church in which the Saint's Shrine could be housed more decorously. This was the start of the "Fane of the Saint".
The three thousand years of Padua's existence can be devided into two periods, clearly distinguishable from each other by the two different names of the city: Patavium and Padua.
Patavium, founded by the legendary hero Antenore, came into being in the 10th century BC as a humble agricultural village built of wood.
The huge complex of ex-Palazzo del Podesta (called Palazzo Moroni now) consists of several palaces: - Palazzo del... more travel advice
Santa Maria dei Servi (its full name is Chiesa della Nativita della Santa Vergine Maria ai Servi) is an 13th century... more travel advice
- See All Magic of the water
- See All Padova sul Acqua
- See All Padova free country
- See All art shop
- See All City tour bus
Written Apr 25, 2005
Padova - more pics
Written Aug 3, 2003
31/07/2003, another meeting with Kajron
croisbeauty's Related Pages
Padova Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Padova...our new home...for now"
- "PADOVA - PADUA"
- "Focal Point of the Past"
- "Padova, Padua, Padoa, Patavium"
- "Prato della Valle"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Padova
- Hotels in Padova
- Transportation in Padova
- Nightlife in Padova
- Restaurants in Padova
- Shopping in Padova
- Warnings and Dangers in Padova
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Padova
- 105 Reviews
- 380 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 27 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (146)
Have you been to Padova?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Padova
- Posted in Travel Italy Forum "Re: Italy in 12-14 Days "
- Wrote a Review Palazzo del Consiglio - Palazzo degli Anziani in Padova Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Palazzo del Consiglio - Palazzo degli Anziani"
- Commented on one of Mikebond's Padova travel pages
- updated a Padova Travel Page "PADOVA - PADUA"
Photos in PadovaSee All Photos (380)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 252 reviews, 1172 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 220 reviews, 835 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 200 reviews, 707 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 154 reviews, 600 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rome Intro, 123 reviews, 466 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 128 reviews, 453 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 134 reviews, 395 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 116 reviews, 411 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 105 reviews, 395 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nairobi Intro, 86 reviews, 385 photos, 4 travelogues