"Parmigiano" Top 5 Page for this destination Parma by croisbeauty
Parma Travel Guide: 262 reviews and 771 photos
Fact is, I was many times in the vicinity of Parma but never entered into the city, which is situated a bit off the road. Entering by car into the Italian towns could be like a nightmare sometimes, if rush hour it can take more than hour or two. It is the reason why so far I used to passed by only.
This March, however, I was travelling alone on my biz trip to Varese and had enough time for my hobby too. Driving always same way, by A4 highway, could be boring and my usual turning point is at Verona. Most of times I take "statale", Verona-Brescia-Bergamo, but this time I went south to Modena with intention to visit Parma finaly.
Back to nineties the city of Parma had "una bella squadra" (good looking team), playing at that time the most attractive football on Apenini. The team was conducted by young coach Malesani, while the leader on a field was "little big man" Zola, who later on made fantastic career in Chelsea. FC Parma was able to win UEFA Cup, but never won scudetto (championship of Italy), which is permanently "reserved" for teams from Milano or Torino.
Some fresh wind, from time to time, is blowing in the Italian football, teams like Parma, Chievo, Udinese or Palermo have proved that big money isn't that important.
croisbeauty's Related Pages
Parma Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A real parmigiana"
- "Ham? Cheese? Violets?"
- "P A R M A"
- "Henrik's Parma page"
- "Parma - small clubs can still win big titles"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Parma
- Hotels in Parma
- Transportation in Parma
- Nightlife in Parma
- Restaurants in Parma
- Shopping in Parma
- Warnings and Dangers in Parma
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Parma
- 40 Reviews
- 124 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (233)
Have you been to Parma?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Parma
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 258 reviews, 1187 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 239 reviews, 962 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 200 reviews, 708 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 156 reviews, 603 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 140 reviews, 482 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rome Intro, 130 reviews, 491 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 120 reviews, 425 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 137 reviews, 408 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 105 reviews, 395 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 95 reviews, 394 photos