"Parmigiano" Top 5 Page for this destination Parma by croisbeauty

Parma Travel Guide: 254 reviews and 741 photos

Finaly Parma

Fact is, I was many times in the vicinity of Parma but never entered into the city, which is situated a bit off the road. Entering by car into the Italian towns could be like a nightmare sometimes, if rush hour it can take more than hour or two. It is the reason why so far I used to passed by only.
This March, however, I was travelling alone on my biz trip to Varese and had enough time for my hobby too. Driving always same way, by A4 highway, could be boring and my usual turning point is at Verona. Most of times I take "statale", Verona-Brescia-Bergamo, but this time I went south to Modena with intention to visit Parma finaly.

FC Parma

Back to nineties the city of Parma had "una bella squadra" (good looking team), playing at that time the most attractive football on Apenini. The team was conducted by young coach Malesani, while the leader on a field was "little big man" Zola, who later on made fantastic career in Chelsea. FC Parma was able to win UEFA Cup, but never won scudetto (championship of Italy), which is permanently "reserved" for teams from Milano or Torino.
Some fresh wind, from time to time, is blowing in the Italian football, teams like Parma, Chievo, Udinese or Palermo have proved that big money isn't that important.

• Last visit to Parma: Mar 2008
  • Intro Updated Mar 23, 2008

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2009 at 2:36 AM

Bet our friend Don from Frankfurt knows that Parma Center is bike-friendly! Lovely photos - always looking for your stories!

• Manara's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2008 at 9:01 AM

Your pictures are beautiful. And you are right about Piazza della Pace!

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2008 at 11:23 AM

Hi,. Boris! I see you've had a nice business trip combined with some siteseeing! Good for you!

croisbeauty

“do not hesitate, pack your bag and go, doesn't matter where”

Badges & Stats in Parma