"Citta con torre ubbriacato" Top 5 Page for this destination Pisa by croisbeauty

Pisa Travel Guide: 1,421 reviews and 3,929 photos

Bradbrown wasn't here

Pisa was the last place I've visited during my mini Toscana tour. I had ten lovely days, starting at Ferrara (which is not part of Toscana), moving from place to place and spending no more then two days in each of it. If Firenze is the body, then Siena is the soul of Toscana, I wish I could spend more time there.
What to say about Pisa? Many come here to see the Leaning Tower only but the town itself has much more to offer. The fascinating complex of Piazza dei Miracoli is built in so-called Romanesque-Pisan style, which is characterized by its floweriness. There are number of other churches inside the town, built in the same style. You'll find the traces of Romans, the Medici and the Guelphs. Less known is that Pisa is the most ancient maritime city of Europe. Last and not least, Pisa is situated at the confluence of two rivers, the Arno and the Serchio, which makes the town landscapes in particularly attractive.

Hello Brad

This is one of a very few pictures of me, during my travelings, because I don't like to take them. I salute big guy from Texas/USA, hope you like my hat Brad.

The same place next time

I was here aagain, this September 22nd, 2011.

• Intro Updated Sep 27, 2011

• shirez's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2006 at 4:10 PM

haha, i love your hat Boris!!! look like a cowboy:-))

• el_ruso's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2005 at 8:09 PM

Great page! Pisa is much more than the tower. Thanks for sharing all your knowledge and photos of this majic place.

• Toyin's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2005 at 6:27 PM

Nice pics, am sure we are to expect more. Need to be in Italy again. Regards.

• burek's Profile Photo
    Sep 15, 2005 at 3:51 PM

beautiful pictures so far, waiting for your tips

• aussiejen's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2005 at 4:41 PM

Lovely photos and tips. I'm discovering more about the rest of the world all the time. : )

croisbeauty

“aliis si licet, tibi non licet”

Badges & Stats in Pisa