"Citta con torre ubbriacato" Top 5 Page for this destination Pisa by croisbeauty
Pisa Travel Guide: 1,419 reviews and 3,977 photos
Pisa was the last place I've visited during my mini Toscana tour. I had ten lovely days, starting at Ferrara (which is not part of Toscana), moving from place to place and spending no more then two days in each of it. If Firenze is the body, then Siena is the soul of Toscana, I wish I could spend more time there.
What to say about Pisa? Many come here to see the Leaning Tower only but the town itself has much more to offer. The fascinating complex of Piazza dei Miracoli is built in so-called Romanesque-Pisan style, which is characterized by its floweriness. There are number of other churches inside the town, built in the same style. You'll find the traces of Romans, the Medici and the Guelphs. Less known is that Pisa is the most ancient maritime city of Europe. Last and not least, Pisa is situated at the confluence of two rivers, the Arno and the Serchio, which makes the town landscapes in particularly attractive.
This is one of a very few pictures of me, during my travelings, because I don't like to take them. I salute big guy from Texas/USA, hope you like my hat Brad.
I was here aagain, this September 22nd, 2011.
There are number of stands all along the ramparts around Campo dei Miracoli, offering mostly goods of low quality but... more travel advice
The cathedral has a five-naved plan with a three-naved transept. The interior is faced with black and white marble,... more travel advice
croisbeauty's Related Pages
Pisa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "More then just the leaning tower"
- "PISA is a lot more than just the leaning tower"
- "Citta con torre ubbriacato"
- "Pisa, gateway to Tuscany"
- "Beautiful Pisa"
- "So much more than a tower!"
- "A pleasant surprise"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pisa
- Hotels in Pisa
- Transportation in Pisa
- Nightlife in Pisa
- Restaurants in Pisa
- Shopping in Pisa
- Warnings and Dangers in Pisa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pisa
- 48 Reviews
- 127 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (145)
Have you been to Pisa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pisa
Photos in PisaSee All Photos (127)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 252 reviews, 1172 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 220 reviews, 835 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 200 reviews, 708 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 155 reviews, 602 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rome Intro, 123 reviews, 469 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 129 reviews, 454 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 135 reviews, 398 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 116 reviews, 411 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 105 reviews, 395 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 92 reviews, 383 photos