"Roma, una citta stupenda" Top 5 Page for this destination Rome by croisbeauty
Rome Travel Guide: 12,343 reviews and 27,620 photos
Rome is huge, beautiful, full of attraction by very very dirthy town! Yes, it is the very first thing one can noticed when strolling around. Is it so because of huge number of tourists or perhaps Romans don't like and respect their own town I just couldn't find out.
It is definetely very touristy place with lots of attractions, however, you'll feel kinda robbed here every time you pay your restaurant of cafe bill. The food in the restaurants costs twice more than the food in other Italian cities and besides, it doesn't taste so well. The same goes for the coffee too which is, comparing to the rest of Italy, double in price.
On the other hand, Rome offers great deal of superb historical sights, some of them unique in the whole world. Vatican is actually part of the Rome but it is also city in the city and state in the state. It is relatively small and handy but to visit all a must see attractions one need more than a week only. I've skip the museum and cupola, leaving it for my next visit probably in June, because there were long lines of tourists and I had to wait for hours. Instead, having four days, I was trying to see as much as possible of the town itself.
Roma by night is something special, offering number of sights under almost the perfect illumination. The Coloseum by night looks spectacular, Il Vittoriano makes you to feel awestruck while standing in front of it, but to me it is the look of Piazza della Repubblica which reminded me speachless. During the day light this square looks nice but nothing special in it, however, during the night light it changes its aspect completely. The illumination, all over the square, is more than perfect.
In August 2005 I visited Florence, just a few days after in the city was committed unimaginable CULTURICIDE. Some maniac (what other name to call him?) climbed up on the Neptune Fountain and deliberately broken off part of the hand of the Neptune's statue. It was just one of the episodes from the rich treasury of VANDALISM which happen each and every day all around the globe.
Why is this happening. Primarily because the parents failed to properly raise their child, secondly because that child did not learn anything in the school and finally because such child is moving in the company of others savages like him, for whom such act of destruction of cultural heritage is decisive prove that they are "big guys".
Vandal instinct exists in all of us but the vast majority of people it successfully controlled. However, most people are also dumb and silent observes when such an act is happening in front of us. We do not want to react out of fear or maybe because we really don't care or think, why should I react if all others around keep quiet......
- In a nutshell:After spending four days in Rome my mind, on a way back home, was occupied with one thought only: was it too short time for visit or there were too many things to see? Rome should be revisited, definatelly.
Fontana di Trevi became wide world famous after its setting was used in several very popular movies that were recorded... more travel advice
The Colosseum was out of time architectural project, if necessary it could be emptied of crowd in about ten minutes, and... more travel advice
- See All Leggenda della citta eterna - Legend of...
- See All monument
- See All City liners
- See All Taxi service
- See All Attractive
croisbeauty's Related Pages
Rome Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "R O M E"
- "TO THE SOURCES OF MY CULTURE AND HISTORY."
- "Roma - Città Eterna"
- "Roma, una citta stupenda"
- "Rome : A Surpise Around Every Corner"
- "weekends in Rome"
- "La Città Dei Sette Colli"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rome
- Hotels in Rome
- Transportation in Rome
- Nightlife in Rome
- Restaurants in Rome
- Shopping in Rome
- Warnings and Dangers in Rome
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rome
- 132 Reviews
- 501 Photos
- 63 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (242)
Have you been to Rome?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rome
Photos in RomeSee All Photos (501)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 264 reviews, 1212 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 244 reviews, 987 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 200 reviews, 708 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 157 reviews, 609 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 141 reviews, 493 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rome Intro, 132 reviews, 501 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 120 reviews, 425 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 137 reviews, 408 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 105 reviews, 395 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 95 reviews, 394 photos