"Roma, una citta stupenda" Top 5 Page for this destination Rome by croisbeauty
Rome Travel Guide: 12,176 reviews and 27,222 photos
Rome is huge, beautiful, full of attraction by very very dirthy town! Yes, it is the very first thing one can noticed when strolling around. Is it so because of huge number of tourists or perhaps Romans don't like and respect their own town I just couldn't find out.
It is definetely very touristy place with lots of attractions, however, you'll feel kinda robbed here every time you pay your restaurant of cafe bill. The food in the restaurants costs twice more than the food in other Italian cities and besides, it doesn't taste so well. The same goes for the coffee too which is, comparing to the rest of Italy, double in price.
On the other hand, Rome offers great deal of superb historical sights, some of them unique in the whole world. Vatican is actually part of the Rome but it is also city in the city and state in the state. It is relatively small and handy but to visit all a must see attractions one need more than a week only. I've skip the museum and cupola, leaving it for my next visit probably in June, because there were long lines of tourists and I had to wait for hours. Instead, having four days, I was trying to see as much as possible of the town itself.
Roma by night is something special, offering number of sights under almost the perfect illumination. The Coloseum by night looks spectacular, Il Vittoriano makes you to feel awestruck while standing in front of it, but to me it is the look of Piazza della Repubblica which reminded me speachless. During the day light this square looks nice but nothing special in it, however, during the night light it changes its aspect completely. The illumination, all over the square, is more than perfect.
- In a nutshell:After spending four days in Rome my mind, on a way back home, was occupied with one thought only: was it too short time for visit or there were too many things to see? Rome should be revisited, definatelly.
Tempio di Portuno is the main temple dedicated to the god Portunus in the city of Rome. Portunus is genus of crab but in... more travel advice
San Lorenzo in Lucina is one of the first Christian churches in Rome, so-called "domus ecclesia", private homes which... more travel advice
- See All monument
- See All City liners
- See All Taxi service
- See All Attractive
croisbeauty's Related Pages
Rome Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "R O M E"
- "TO THE SOURCES OF MY CULTURE AND HISTORY."
- "Roma - Città Eterna"
- "Roma, una citta stupenda"
- "Rome : A Surpise Around Every Corner"
- "Awestruck in Rome"
- "The world's biggest open air museum?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rome
- Hotels in Rome
- Transportation in Rome
- Nightlife in Rome
- Restaurants in Rome
- Shopping in Rome
- Warnings and Dangers in Rome
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rome
- 126 Reviews
- 476 Photos
- 35 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (180)
Have you been to Rome?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rome
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 258 reviews, 1202 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 238 reviews, 962 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 200 reviews, 708 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 156 reviews, 603 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rome Intro, 126 reviews, 476 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 129 reviews, 454 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 120 reviews, 425 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 137 reviews, 408 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 105 reviews, 395 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 95 reviews, 394 photos