"Salo, last trip of Duce" Top 5 Page for this destination Salò by croisbeauty
Salò Travel Guide: 60 reviews and 192 photos
Salo is very attractive destination situated on the shore of a wonderful gulf. The village is probably the best known as the centre of the Italian Social Republic, from 1943 to 1945, when the Duce escaped here after the capitulation of Italy.
The town of Salo managed to preserves its beautiful Renaissance urban sheme.
The promenade of Salo, facing the lakeshore, is in partilularly beautiful. It was opened in 1906 with the reconstruction of buildings in great part destroyed of the eartquake of 1901.
The memorial complex of Vittoriale is situated just a few kilometres from Salo, actualy it is above Gardone Riviera. It has great signification for the Italian history and the people. Great Italian poet and politician, Gabriele D'Annunzio, lived here since 1921 to 1963 when he died and buried in the Mausoleum.
croisbeauty's Related Pages
Salò Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The beautiful town of Salò"
- "Salo, last trip of Duce"
- "Salo - a worthy stop"
- "Salò Page"
- "Saturday Night Specials :-)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Salò
- Hotels in Salò
- Transportation in Salò
- Restaurants in Salò
- Shopping in Salò
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Salò
- 22 Reviews
- 53 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (234)
Have you been to Salò?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Salò
Photos in SalòSee All Photos (53)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 258 reviews, 1187 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 239 reviews, 962 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 200 reviews, 708 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 156 reviews, 603 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rome Intro, 130 reviews, 491 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 139 reviews, 478 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 120 reviews, 425 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 137 reviews, 408 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 105 reviews, 395 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 95 reviews, 394 photos