"Venezia" Top 5 Page for this destination Venice by croisbeauty
Venice Travel Guide: 8,291 reviews and 21,903 photos
Venezia is, because of its water structure, one of the most visited destinations in the world. Tourism, no doubt about, makes the greater part of the city income, as well as the income of its inhabitants. I suppose the tourists should be welcome and respected here, and above all, protected from those who are trying to take the advantage.
Is it right to ask:
-130 euros per 45 minutes of gondola tour
- to pay 49,50 euros per single supper
- to charge 12,00 euros per 0,33 of bottled wine (Pinot Grigio)
- to pay 18,00 euros per parking fee (for less then 6 hours).
If so, would you come back to Venezia, would you recommend it to your friends?
OK, it is very expensive place to be but no metter of it we still visit Venezia, at least for once in our life-time.
The question is, what is the best way to explore the city area? Some like it from the water front, the others by strolling around. I'd say, combining the both of this options. The truth is, you can't see all you need to see in day or two. You can't explore Venezia profoundly in one visit only, it takes more than one visit because there are lots of things to see and do here. Probably the best way is to take the tour of one sestiere at the time and by doing so, you can explore two or maximum three of them in one day.
There exist very close connection between Venezia and my home country of Croatia. In the Middle Ages, Venetian Republic ruled over the most part of Eastern Adriatic coast, where nowadays my home country is situated. Many buildings and churches in the coastal towns of Croatia have been build in the characteristic Venetian style. Many famous Venetians were born in Croatia; Marco Polo (born on island of Korcula) is probably the most famous among them.
They say that all wooden pillars, on which the town of Venezia stands, are originally from the high forrests of Croatia. The most important churches and palaces of Venezia are built of white and pink stone which comes from the peninsula of Istria and the island of Brac. In fact, Venetian architects, and not only, have considered the stone from Brac as the best one that exist on earth. It is, by the way, the reason why the White House in DC was built of it.
Venezia is not dear to me, in fact, I see it as one of a kind city and that's all. It is beautiful town, no-one can dispute it, but what bothers me are the locals and their feigning character. The fact is, I speak Italian very good and am able to understand the coments they're saying about tourists and visitors of the town. Most of the coments, trust me, are not very polite. In short, I can't like the town itself if I don't like the people who live in it. Since the town depend on tourism, the locals should have more respect towards the tourists and visitors, both coming from abroad or Italy. Most of them, however, treat the tourists like the lamb for butchering.
STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION
- I am not disappointed,
- I am not embittered,
- I am not surprised,
because, all what have happened to me I have expected.
This is why I don't like Venice.
Of course, I could spend less for a day trip if:
- arriving here in organized group tour or by public transportation,
- bying wine in the store or having water instead,
- eating fast-food while strolling around,
however, it is not my style. Besides seeing something I like to enjoy and feel comfortable.
Well, I am not complaing about my experience, I knew exactly how much a day trip to Venezia might cost me. It is one of the reasons why I am regularly visiting Verona.
- Pros:extraordinary architecture, fantastic galleries & stunning lagoon
- Cons:the tourist is not a lamb for butchering
In an simplified interpretation Campo is paved square, a hub where there is a church, bank, cafe-bar, tobacco shop, open... more travel advice
To me Dorsoduro is the most beautiful part of Venice. Among all other sestieri, Dorsoduro is the most populated part of... more travel advice
- See All Campo dei Mori - statues of Mastelli...
- See All Expensive gondola
- See All Scuola di San Giorgio degli Schiavoni
- See All Jazz & bras
- See All Gkass - art Gallery
croisbeauty's Related Pages
Venice Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wandering around Venice with Suvanki"
- "Amore eterno per Venezia la Serenissima :-)"
- "Venice – the City of Art"
- "Vacations in Venice"
- "MERAVIGLIOSA VENEZIA"
- "Giacomo CASANOVA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Venice
- Hotels in Venice
- Transportation in Venice
- Nightlife in Venice
- Restaurants in Venice
- Shopping in Venice
- Warnings and Dangers in Venice
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Venice
- 244 Reviews
- 961 Photos
- 150 Forum posts
- 56 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (242)
Have you been to Venice?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Venice
Photos in VeniceSee All Photos (961)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 264 reviews, 1212 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 244 reviews, 987 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 200 reviews, 708 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 157 reviews, 609 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 141 reviews, 493 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rome Intro, 132 reviews, 501 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 120 reviews, 425 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 137 reviews, 408 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 105 reviews, 395 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 95 reviews, 394 photos