"Verona "my town"" Top 5 Page for this destination Verona by croisbeauty
Verona Travel Guide: 1,718 reviews and 4,381 photos
To me, Verona is like neverending story, my favorite place in Italy which I am visiting almost every month in the year. I still remember my first visit (long time ago), it was love on the first sight. Can't help to myself, I just love this charming and beautiful town. Is it because of arena, coz I was grown-up in Pula - another town with arena - maybe who knows but there must be some connection in it. Is it because of the people I know here or perhaps the endless charm that offers Verona surroundings.
The town itself is perfectly located, in the close vicinity to Lago di Garda, which is undoubtely the most beautiful lake in Italy. On the other hand, there are many nature resorts north of Verona, such as; Lessinia, Valpolicella, Monte Baldo or Trentino. That, and many more, are the reasons why I am regularly visiting Verona. Over fithteen years now I am spending at least one week of my summer holidays in the town and its surroundings..
Za mene je Verona najljepsi talijanski grad u kojeg se vrlo cesto i s radoscu ponovo vracam. Govoriti o tom gradu iz perspektive Romea i Giuliette ili Arene, znacilo bi potpuno podcjenjivanje jer Verona je daleko vise i ljepse od toga. Arena u Puli je ljepsa od veronske, barem za mene, a kuca u kojoj je navodno zivjela Giulietta, osim te nepotvrdjene cinjenice, nije niti spomena vrijedna. Povjesna jezgra grada sa nebrojeno puno ljepsih i vrijednijih spomenika ostati ce ti u daleko duzem sijecanju. Nemoj propustiti odlazak na brdo San Pietro, koje se nalazi iza mosta Ponte Pietra, jer s tog mjesta se pruza velicanstveni pogled na grad i njegovu blizu okolicu. Nezaobilazni dio je i Lago di Garda, koje jezero se nalazi na samo dvadesetak kilometara od centra grada. Pogledaj ovu stranicu u cijelosti i u to ces se i sam uvjeriti.
The present look of Duomo was finished in the mid of 15th century when the first structures in old Romanesque style was modificated into Ghotic. Do not miss to visit the other two churches, entering from the cathedral, which were built in the early Christian times.
Roman Amphitheatre, better known as the Arena, is the most important of the monuments for which Verona is famed.
Here you can see the interior of the Arena prepared for Verona Summer Opera Festival, which is a must see.
- Pros:beautiful place&nice people
- Cons:had no bad experience so far
- In a nutshell:I never get tired of visiting it
- See All Vespa
- See All Buy "verdura" in the heart of the city
- See All W. Shakespeare
- See All Medieval tunes
- See All Very very good price!
croisbeauty's Related Pages
Verona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Verona "my town""
- "Verona - The City of Balconies"
- "Architecture & dancingqueens reaching for the sky"
- "My Verona"
- "Operas in the Arena"
- "Verona, a living museum"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Verona
- Hotels in Verona
- Transportation in Verona
- Nightlife in Verona
- Restaurants in Verona
- Shopping in Verona
- Warnings and Dangers in Verona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Verona
- 200 Reviews
- 703 Photos
- 62 Forum posts
- 95 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (164)
Have you been to Verona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Verona
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 258 reviews, 1202 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 220 reviews, 835 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 200 reviews, 708 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 156 reviews, 603 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rome Intro, 123 reviews, 469 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 129 reviews, 454 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 120 reviews, 425 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 136 reviews, 403 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 105 reviews, 395 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 94 reviews, 390 photos