"Verona "my town"" Top 5 Page for this destination Verona by croisbeauty

Verona Travel Guide: 1,718 reviews and 4,381 photos

Verona

To me, Verona is like neverending story, my favorite place in Italy which I am visiting almost every month in the year. I still remember my first visit (long time ago), it was love on the first sight. Can't help to myself, I just love this charming and beautiful town. Is it because of arena, coz I was grown-up in Pula - another town with arena - maybe who knows but there must be some connection in it. Is it because of the people I know here or perhaps the endless charm that offers Verona surroundings.
The town itself is perfectly located, in the close vicinity to Lago di Garda, which is undoubtely the most beautiful lake in Italy. On the other hand, there are many nature resorts north of Verona, such as; Lessinia, Valpolicella, Monte Baldo or Trentino. That, and many more, are the reasons why I am regularly visiting Verona. Over fithteen years now I am spending at least one week of my summer holidays in the town and its surroundings.

Za mene je Verona najljepsi talijanski grad u kojeg se vrlo cesto i s radoscu ponovo vracam. Govoriti o tom gradu iz perspektive Romea i Giuliette ili Arene, znacilo bi potpuno podcjenjivanje jer Verona je daleko vise i ljepse od toga. Arena u Puli je ljepsa od veronske, barem za mene, a kuca u kojoj je navodno zivjela Giulietta, osim te nepotvrdjene cinjenice, nije niti spomena vrijedna. Povjesna jezgra grada sa nebrojeno puno ljepsih i vrijednijih spomenika ostati ce ti u daleko duzem sijecanju. Nemoj propustiti odlazak na brdo San Pietro, koje se nalazi iza mosta Ponte Pietra, jer s tog mjesta se pruza velicanstveni pogled na grad i njegovu blizu okolicu. Nezaobilazni dio je i Lago di Garda, koje jezero se nalazi na samo dvadesetak kilometara od centra grada. Pogledaj ovu stranicu u cijelosti i u to ces se i sam uvjeriti.

Il Duomo

The present look of Duomo was finished in the mid of 15th century when the first structures in old Romanesque style was modificated into Ghotic. Do not miss to visit the other two churches, entering from the cathedral, which were built in the early Christian times.

The Arena

Roman Amphitheatre, better known as the Arena, is the most important of the monuments for which Verona is famed.
Here you can see the interior of the Arena prepared for Verona Summer Opera Festival, which is a must see.

• Pros:beautiful place&nice people
  • Cons:had no bad experience so far
  • In a nutshell:I never get tired of visiting it
  • Last visit to Verona: Feb 2008
  • Intro Updated Apr 13, 2014

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Good page. It would takes ages to read all these tips!!!

Ciao!

• amiya's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2011 at 7:19 PM

Nice page. Reminded me of the good places there. It was a love at first sight for me too.

• Ldeck3's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2009 at 12:44 PM

I go to Verona June 29th. I missed it last time so planned my trip just for Verona. Thank you for getting me even more excited and for all the work it took to make such a great overall "snapshot" of Verona. You are awesome!

• Paisleypaul's Profile Photo
    Feb 18, 2008 at 2:15 PM

Terrific job you have done on these pages!

• craic's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2007 at 3:23 AM

can't wait to see this place

• Fam.Rauca's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2007 at 1:15 AM

Verona is a beautiful city, where, we like to travel. Unfortunately, we were no more for a long time there. I hope that we will travel to Verona this year again. Beautiful and interesting page! Gabriela

• dejavu2gb's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2007 at 10:42 AM

WOW... amazing page in Verona!!! So much information!! I am visiting Verona in June, I am very excited after seeing all your pictures!!

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2006 at 4:00 AM

Thank you for the beautiful tour of Verona! And thank you for the birthday wishes...life is beautiful...isn't it?

• crostudent's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2006 at 8:13 AM

Evo bas ovaj vikend idem u Veronu pa zahvaljujem na dobrim savjetima.

• gkitzmil's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2006 at 11:57 AM

Hello Boris, You are indeed lucky to get to Verona so often! I hope to have 'kava' again with you in Zagreb sometime

croisbeauty

“do not hesitate, pack your bag and go, doesn't matter where”

Badges & Stats in Verona