"Douz, the pearl of Tunisia" Top 5 Page for this destination Douz by croisbeauty

Douz Travel Guide: 135 reviews and 304 photos

Sunset over the desert

If I am ever going to revisit Tunisia, the town of Douz will be my only destination. It is a place situated In the northern edge of Sahara where the daily temperature rises up to a 50 and more C degrees. In spite of that, I survived here because the air is very dry and I had no respiring problems at all.

Ready to ride on

The desert of Sahara attracted me the most during my stay in Tunisia. Sahara is mysterious and dangerous place where the living conditions require the best of human abilities, but most of all, it is endlessly beautiful.

Douz in the sunset

The locals are very friendly and proud people, the best I get acquainted with in whole Tunisia. Besides, they look much different in appearence to those I've seen in the coastal part of the country.

• Last visit to Douz: Aug 2004
  • Intro Updated Nov 30, 2004

• Shanne's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2008 at 8:53 PM

The Young Berber pic most people in that area are very poor and rely on tourism to survive. so that Dinar they might ask for for taking their picture might be the only money they make all day A dinar is worth just a few pennies ...who is exploiting who?

• Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2007 at 2:06 PM

This place looks like heaven - Ican see why you want to go back. Amazing photos ! Katherine :)

• baronedivandastad's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2006 at 11:35 PM

Nice comments about local people and customs. Will use your advice! Cheers, Barone

• Nov 10, 2005 at 9:59 PM

i love deserts... my australian desert experiences have always been great. time to explore other deserts i think... love your photos boris.

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2005 at 1:43 AM

Douz is great isn't it, I have good memories from there too. They have a "Festival of the Sahara just south of Douz, I would love to return to see. Great photos, looks like you had lots of fun. (~_~)

• Nov 30, 2004 at 11:33 AM

Superb page with fabulous pictures!

• diocletianvs's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2004 at 7:14 AM

Ne znam, ovo jahanje na devama mi se ne cini bas jako privlacno. A ima li tamo gdje koji bicikl za iznajmiti? Na ovom pijesku mogao bih si priustiti i pad sa bicikla....

• KristaB's Profile Photo
    Sep 7, 2004 at 10:31 AM

They really are special people. I couldn't find a pictiure of Boris nor of Ivica wearing Berber clothes? Special atmosphere, desert ... any Scorpios?

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2004 at 1:34 PM

Nice page on Douz and the desert. I will come back when you will have completed your page.

croisbeauty

“do not hesitate, pack your bag and go, doesn't matter where”

Badges & Stats in Douz