"Tataouine & Ksar Haddada" Tataouine by croisbeauty
Tataouine Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 98 photos
The desert area of southern Tunisia is pretty much different then one I saw last year in area of Douz. The sand is of dark yellow colour which is changing under the poor light conditions becaming almost red. The vegetation is also poor and the fact that surprised me the most, there are no palm trees here.
Douiret is an abandoned Berber town in the Tataouine Governorate. There is a Ksar on the hilltop visible from the far distance which can be reached by foot only. A tiny part of the village, beneath the Ksar is still inhabited same as the mosque.
Ksar Hedada was used by filmaker John Lucas to create the town called "Mos Espa" in galactic planet Tatooine, featured by movie "Star Wars; the Phantom Menace".
Since Ksar Haddada isn't listed VT destination, I had to put it under this page. More pictures you can find under Off the beaten path tips.
Chenini is relatively small village of scattered houses which are located on the plateau below the Ksar. The oldest part... more travel advice
Chenini village is one of the few remaining places in Tunisia where the true Berber language is still in use, but mostly... more travel advice
croisbeauty's Related Pages
Tataouine Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tataouine - at the desert's door"
- "Tataouine & Ksar Haddada"
- "Good base to see southern Tunisia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tataouine
- Hotels in Tataouine
- Transportation in Tataouine
- Shopping in Tataouine
- Warnings and Dangers in Tataouine
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tataouine
- 21 Reviews
- 84 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (145)
Have you been to Tataouine?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tataouine
Photos in TataouineSee All Photos (84)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 252 reviews, 1172 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 220 reviews, 835 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 200 reviews, 707 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 154 reviews, 600 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rome Intro, 123 reviews, 466 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 128 reviews, 453 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 134 reviews, 395 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 116 reviews, 411 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 105 reviews, 395 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nairobi Intro, 86 reviews, 385 photos, 4 travelogues