"Malindi Coast" Top 5 Page for this destination Malindi by croisbeauty

Malindi Travel Guide: 65 reviews and 194 photos

My best shot

I made a day-trip to Malindi in order to visit the historic sight of Gedi which is situated in the surroundings of the town. It was pleasant trip along with the group of compatriots whom we meat in the hotel. We rented one matata which costs us 1.500 shs a piece, and that was very good price.
Besides Gedi, we have visited a small village, right next to the historic sight, and that was an outstanding experience. This is the picture I snaped in the village, probably my best picture I made in Kenya.

Watamu Beach

Malindi is the second best known beach resorts of Kenya. It is situated about 100km north of Mombasa but due to a bad roads, we needed two hours by matata to get there. Besides swimming, tourists visit it for diving which I haven't done because of a bad weather conditions.

Watamu Beach

I haven't seen much of the town because our primary interest was to visit Gedi and beach resorts for diving. Malindi is place where significant colony of Italians live. There is a cafe-bar, right on the beach, owned by Italian lady where you can have pretty good esspresso. There are also a couple of Italian restaurants and in one of them we had very good and inexpensive lunch.

• Last visit to Malindi: Aug 2006
  • Intro Updated Jul 13, 2007

croisbeauty

“do not hesitate, pack your bag and go, doesn't matter where”

Badges & Stats in Malindi

Have you been to Malindi?

Latest Activity in Malindi