"Nairobi is friendly town" Top 5 Page for this destination Nairobi by croisbeauty
Nairobi Travel Guide: 656 reviews and 1,499 photos
It's funny how many rubbish we can find on internet regarding place we intend to visit, especially if that place is situated in Africa. I did my homework before departing to Kenya, researching all what was available. One "respectfull" site indicated Nairobi as "Nairobbery" and it is no other than insult to all citizens of this town. According to that site, white tourists should stick to the center of the town only and in no case should leave their hotels when dark.
I spent three days in Nairobi and was not robbed there except in my hotel paying too high price for the accomodation. Actually, in my hotel was "robbed" twice because the staff there suggested me not to take my camera out when getting dark, therefore I haven't night-time pictures of the town. All in all, I spend nice times in Nairobi, meeting very friendly people there except for those in my hotel.
Nairobi is typical new build african capital which, in my opinion, do not represents country itself, architecturaly it looks more like any other european city with those characteristic skycrapers "dressed" in blu coloured glass. Actually, I was a bit dissapointed expecting it to have more african look.
Do not miss to visit vively Kibera when in Nairobi, but do it in a local way by City Hoppa or matatu, cost you 20 ksh only in one direction. The taxi guy should ask you 2000 ksh to take you there and back to town and you wont see all worth of seeing.
During visit in 2007, my hotel (Kenya Comfort) was right in the centre of the town, just a foot from all major sights of Nairobi. I climbed up to the rooftop terrace in order to take just a few pics from there. Some of them you can see within my tips.
- Pros:nice&friendly people, good restaurants and clubs
- Cons:no smoking in public places, streets including
Entering in the cage containing five wild cheetahs is not recommended, but I've done it on my own responsibility and at... more travel advice
When am reading other people warning or danger tips regarding Nairobi, all am asking myself is; were we visiting the... more travel advice
- See All Beautiful hand-made souvenirs
- See All Watch at giraffes head pokings on the...
- See All Furahi day
- See All Colourfull buses
- See All door to door
croisbeauty's Related Pages
Nairobi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY MISSION TRIP TO KENYA"
- "Nairobi is friendly town"
- "Make this your gateway to East Africa!"
- "Cool Water...pretty cool city."
- "A juxtaposition of sharp contrasts"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nairobi
- Hotels in Nairobi
- Transportation in Nairobi
- Nightlife in Nairobi
- Restaurants in Nairobi
- Shopping in Nairobi
- Warnings and Dangers in Nairobi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nairobi
- 86 Reviews
- 386 Photos
- 31 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (251)
Have you been to Nairobi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nairobi
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: UK Exit European Union"
- updated a Nairobi Travel Page "Nairobi is friendly town"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Bomas of Kenya"
- Wrote a Review I was inside the cage with the wild cheetahs about Animal Orphanage in Nairobi Things to Do
- Commented on one of croisbeauty's Nairobi tips
Photos in NairobiSee All Photos (386)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 268 reviews, 1232 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 244 reviews, 987 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 200 reviews, 708 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 157 reviews, 609 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 141 reviews, 493 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rome Intro, 132 reviews, 501 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 120 reviews, 425 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 137 reviews, 408 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 105 reviews, 395 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 95 reviews, 394 photos