"MY CROATIA" Top 5 Page for this destination Croatia by croisbeauty
Croatia Travel Guide: 13,212 reviews and 36,212 photos
Official name: Republic of Croatia
Official language: Croatian
Currency: kuna (100 lipa), 1 Euro = aprox. 7,35 kuna
GENERAL AND GEOGRAPHICAL DATA
Surface Area: 56.543 km2
Territorial waters: 31.067 km2
Capital: Zagreb, 900.000 inhabitants
Coastline: 5.835 km, of which 4.058 km islands, cliffs and reefs
Number of islands, cliffs and reefs: 1.185
Highest peak: Dinara 1.831 meters above sea-level
BRIJUNI - a group of islets at the west coast of Istria; preserved Mediterranean vegetation, zoo in the nature, cultural heritage of Antiquity.
Information: phone 00385/052/525-888, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
KORNATI - the most indented group of islands in the Mediterranean, consisting of 140 uninhabited islands, islets and cliffs, a true labyrinth of sea and stone.
Information: phone 00385/022/434-662, E-mail: email@example.com
KRKA - the most beautiful karstis river of Croatia; deep canyons cut into calciferous plateaus; lakes; among the multitude of waterfalls, Skradinski Buk and Ro?ki Slap are the most prominent. Between them is the islet of Visovac, with a Franciscan monastery (the picture above is a part of NP Krka).
Information: phone 00385/022/217-720, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
MLJET - an island southwest of Dubrovnik; the western part of the island is a National Park with two deep bays called lakes because of their very narrow connection to the open sea. Valuable Antigue monuments and a Benedictine monastery from the 12th century on the islet in the middle of the lake-bay.
Information: phone 00385/020/744-058
PAKLENICA - National park on the southern side of the biggest mountainous massif of Croatia, Velebit, running from highest peaks to the sea; two impressive canyons, Velika Paklenica and Mala Paklenica; a multitude of unusual karstic relief forms, a number of caves, rich and diverse flora and fauna.
Information: phone 00385/023/369-155
PLITVI?KA JEZERA - The most beautiful and the best known Croatian national park, a part of UNESCO's World Heritage, situated next to the main road linking Zagreb to Dalmatia; 16 small lakes are interconnected by waterfalls naturally created by traventine deposits, thick woods of beech tees and fir, oartly in the form of a primeval forrest, numerous species of animals (including brown bear); transportation with special panoramic vehicles and electric boats is organized for visitors.
Information: phone 00385/053/751-015
RISNJAK - wooded mountains massif to the north of Rijeka, encompasses the sprong area of the river Kupa; numerous species of flora nad fauna are gathered within a small area, including brown bear, lynx chamois, deer, snake eagle.
Information: phone 00385/051/836 -133
NORTH VELEBIT - due to its natural beauty is the most valuable and the most attractive peak part of Velebit.
Information: phone 00385/053/574687
Croatia offers accommodations in numerous hotels, apartment settlements, private rooms, apartments and campgrounds.
- Nautical tourism: there are more than 50 marinas and in a bigger ones it's possible to rent yacht
- Naturism: a number of naturist camps with long traditions (The best in Istria: Umag, Vrsar, Medulin.
- Hunting tourism: a long tradition of it for deer, boars, martens, foxes, hares, wild geese and ducks, bear in Lika , chamois and mouflons in Dalmatia.
- Youth tourism: there are HOSTELS in Dubrovnik, Kor?ula, Pula, Punat on island Krk, ?ibenik, Zadar and Zagreb. Croatian YHA 00385/01/4829-296.
- a passport or some of other identification document acknowledged by international agreement. Tourists may stay for up to three months.
- foreign currency is brought and taken out freely; domestic currency up to 2.000 kuna
- valuable professional and technical equipment must be declared at the border
- for animals a veterinary certificate is neededs*
Have you ever been to Croatia? No, not yet, listen then what spoke George Bernard Shaw: "The gods wanted to crown their creation and on the last day they turned tears, stars and the sea breeze into the isles of Kornati".
Thus spoke G.B.Shaw, refering to the largest archipelago in the Mediterranean with its 140 islands, islets and reefs.
One of the most beautiful love stories of the last century progressed towards its denouement here. The Dalmatian escape of the British sovereign, Edward VIII and the American divorce Wallis Simpson caused a stir in the worlds of politics and fashion. A love more important than the crown turned the attention of the British and American press to the spot where the lovers chose to stay, to the beautiful Dalmatia.
Filip Jakov is small coastal town situated about 40 kilometres south of Zadar. Once fishermen and farmers village turned... more travel advice
Small but very beautiful town of Nin is one of the hiden jewels of Croatia. It is situated about 20 km north of Zadar... more travel advice
- See All Speed boats
- See All Croatian cuisine - Slavonija
- Swiming in the Adriatic, the most...
- Packing List
- Most of those who are...
croisbeauty's Related Pages
Croatia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY CROATIA"
- "Idyllic Croatia"
- "Hrvatska for Europe!"
- "Croatia - the summary of Europe."
- "A road trip through Croatia"
- "Natural Beauty and Stunning History"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Croatia
- Hotels in Croatia
- Transportation in Croatia
- Nightlife in Croatia
- Restaurants in Croatia
- Shopping in Croatia
- Warnings and Dangers in Croatia
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Croatia
- 1,735 Reviews
- 5,425 Photos
- 607 Forum posts
- 54 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (136)
Have you been to Croatia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Croatia
Videos in CroatiaSee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 252 reviews, 1172 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 219 reviews, 811 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 193 reviews, 634 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 154 reviews, 600 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rome Intro, 123 reviews, 466 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 124 reviews, 433 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 134 reviews, 395 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 116 reviews, 411 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 105 reviews, 395 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nairobi Intro, 86 reviews, 385 photos, 4 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (177)
Top Croatia hotels
- Split Hotels
- 913 Reviews - 2390 Photos
- Dubrovnik Hotels
- 1816 Reviews - 4824 Photos
- Cavtat Hotels
- 157 Reviews - 419 Photos
- Zagreb Hotels
- 1867 Reviews - 4711 Photos
- Pula Hotels
- 528 Reviews - 1230 Photos
- Opatija Hotels
- 184 Reviews - 439 Photos
- Hvar Hotels
- 376 Reviews - 1004 Photos
- Rovinj Hotels
- 324 Reviews - 863 Photos
- Makarska Hotels
- 52 Reviews - 306 Photos
- Vis Hotels
- 71 Reviews - 192 Photos
- Porec Hotels
- 277 Reviews - 640 Photos
- Mlini Hotels
- 9 Reviews - 22 Photos
- Tucepi Hotels
- 15 Reviews - 51 Photos
- Trogir Hotels
- 198 Reviews - 673 Photos
- Zadar Hotels
- 369 Reviews - 1168 Photos