"Berlin in my way" Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin by croisbeauty

Berlin Travel Guide: 6,972 reviews and 15,742 photos

Potsdamer Platz by night

In spite of bad weather conditions, it was too cold, I've spend an pleasant weekend in Berlin, the town which has so many faces. It is attractive, cosmopolitan, multicultural and multiethnic city with very friendly locals. It has also its ugly side which is concentrated in, what was once East Berlin, very depressing area which obviously hasn't changed much. The town itself is in major reconstructions works for the incoming World Fotball Championship, therefore it is better to visit it starting from next June.
Berlin is very big town spread on an huge area, a kind of towns I don't like much. It is not that I didn't like it, on the contrary, but I prefer towns which has old Roman structure, if you know what I mean.

Berliner Dom

The real soul of the town, and its most attractrive part, is situated around Berliner Dom and its close surroundings. I didn't like nearby Museum Island which is, in my opinion, ruined by some ugly constructions, copies of ancient Greek and Roman look temples. I suppose, didn't read about, it was Gebbels idea.

Berliner bear

Bear is the symbol of Berlin and you can see its funny and colourfull statues all over the town. It is of good-tempered kind, same as the locals are.

• Pros:friendly people in a first place
  • Cons:very very huge
  • Last visit to Berlin: Mar 2006
  • Intro Updated Apr 21, 2014

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Nice page!

• csordila's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Just want to say once more congatulations! Your Berlin page is really amazing! L.

• Manara's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2009 at 4:23 PM

Your picture of the Brandeburg gate is absolutely beautiful, but the historical comment is not very accurate, because nazism had nothing to do with its costruction. It was built in the years between 1791 and 1795.

• Oct 15, 2006 at 1:36 PM

lovely page! Nikos

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2006 at 9:32 AM

Happy Easter, Boris. Looks like a great time in Berlin, despite the gloomy weather.

• SharrieShaw's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2006 at 6:19 AM

I'm truly happy to see u made full use of your investment in Sony! Wonderful visual tour of this city which I'm heading early June. Just found out I'll be here during the World Cup as well! I guess I'm heading for a big party!!!

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2006 at 1:33 AM

Excellent pics Boris! Hope you enjoyed your stay in Berlin (sounds like you had to stay longer anyway). Did you visit my work place?

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2006 at 2:26 AM

So you are already back from Berlin. Great page. I like the night shot of the Brandenburger Tor. So how did you finally get back from Berlin after missing the flight??

• Mar 20, 2006 at 2:44 AM

Sudeci po "Con's" bilo je hodanja ;) Jedva cekam da procitam vas dozivljaj ovog fascinantnog grada.

croisbeauty

“aliis si licet, tibi non licet”

Badges & Stats in Berlin