"Travel with me" croisbeauty's Profile
I will take advantage of this space to explain my point of view on both virtual and physical travelings and travelers. Why I insist on it? In the travel forum I could often read the remark that the fact that someone lives or knows well the destination is simply irrelevant. I could have also noticed that such remark was usually written and given by those members who actually never visited the destination on which someone posted the question.
I do agree that the personal experience cannot be relevant in the case if member writes only about his negative episodes (bad hotel, bad food, stolen possessions etc), which are usually very subjective, but cannot agree that is irrelevant if member writes about the facts of a destination which he/she saw with own eyes. The absurdity of the negation of someone's experience becomes even greater when the members, who have not visited the destination, give second-hand examples which they heard from their friends.
Isn't it absurd that non-visitors have one and always the same argument: "so it stands in the official websites", of service provider (hotel, restaurant, taxi company, train or bus company). But what about this:
- does the service provider shows, on the official websites, picture of the facade of the hotel which was not been embodied in this century?
- does restaurant shows a picture of a kitchen which is ruled by cockroaches?
- does train company shows the pictures of the interior of the train with dirty seats and toilet which is disgusting?
- does train company put in official websites any information regarding strikes or at the last minute canceled lines?
NO WAY, the official websites, which are also very subjectively written, have embellished picture of reality only because those ugly pictures (and often real) do not sell hotel, restaurant, taxi..., etc. capacity
My nick name is CRO(atia)ISBEAUTY(ful country)
I dislike: toad-eaters, bottom-dwelers, dictators, liars, flatterers, limitations, falseness, intolerance, ....If you are not one of these characters, lets be friends.
More than thirty years now my hometown is Zagreb, the capital of Croatia, small country situated in the middle of Europe. Although so small it has a lot of attractions and the most beautiful sea-shore in whole the Mediterranean area.
Moja mladost mrkla olujina bjese,
Suncima tek gdjekad svijetlim obasjana,
Pustos vrtu mome gromovi nanijese,
I malo mi osta voca neubrana.
Jesen misli, eto, vec dodirnu mene,
Lopate se latit valja, koja zape,
Da zivotu vratim zemlje poplavljene,
Gdje rupe duboke ko grobovi zjape.
Tko zna, da l' ce novo cvijece mojih snova
Naci na tlu, golom poput pjescanika,
Sok okrepe tajne za cvjetanja nova?
O boli! O boli! Vrijeme zivot grabi,
A Netko nam srce glodje, mracna lika,
I krijepi se nasom krvlju, koja slabi!
My youth stormy darkness was,
Sunshine brightness rarely lit,
Waste my gardens by thunder made
And little fruit it bore me.
Autumn thinks, there, they touched me already,
Shovel in your hand to get, put your back to it,
To life return flooded soil,
Where craters, deep as graves, stare at me.
Who knows, will the blossoms of my dreams
On soil, barren as desert,
Find secrets that feed flowers new?
Oh pain! Oh pain! Time snatches at life
And some dark shadow eats at our hearts,
And revives with our blood, leaving no strength.
Translation: VTer visitor2
See my Kenya page:
I am in love with Kenya, definatelly. It is said, once you visit Africa you will fall in love with it, and it's the truth. This year, 2011 is the first time after 2006 that I didn't visit Kenya, unfortunatelly had neck injury and couldn't travel there.
Kenya is wonderful place to visit because of its fabulous nature resorts, number of stunning safari parks but above all because of nice and friendly people who live there. It is poor country but the people there have great spirit and warm heart. In order to learn more about my travels and Kenya, visit ma pages plz.
See my TUNISIA page:
I spend my 2004 and 2005 summer holidays in Tunisia, beautiful country especially the hinterland with fascinating Sahara.
See my Venezia page:
The town for strong feelings, you love it or you hate it! My problem is, I don't hate it but I don't like it, still I have to admit it, Venice is very exiting city, especially first Sunday in September when Regatta Storica take place.
See my Dubrovnik page:
I've visited many places, much more then you can see on my travel list, here you can see only those of which I have photos. Anyway, Dubrovnik is to me the most beautiful town I have ever seen. In case you find I am as a Croat too subjective, visit it and then tell me that am wrong.
See my Milano page:
Milano is one of the most undarrated touristic destinations of Italy, by making this page I wanted to proof how wrong is that opinion.
See my Perugia page:
Do not miss Perugia between July 10-30, each year. There is a great Umbria Jazz Festival with top world musicisians, and the atmosphere in the town is absolutely superb.
See my Florence page:
For many people it is the most beautiful town in whole of the world and a must see when visiting Italy. Besides enormous cultural heritage Florence offers very relaxed atmosphere, good food, excellent wines and above all, beautiful Tuscany dialect to those who speaks Italian.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 7,649 Reviews
- 24,252 Photos
- 19 Countries
- 201 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (233)
- Posted in Travel Umag Forum "Re: Tennis umag"
- Commented on Usctwin's profile page
- Wrote a Review Exploring Italy by train in Italy Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Exploring Italy by train"
updated their Profile Page "Travel with me"
- croisbeauty and bekerovka are now friends.
- updated a Koprivnica Travel Page "Koprivnički pjetao"
- Uploaded a Video to Zagreb
VideosSee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 258 reviews, 1187 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 239 reviews, 962 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 200 reviews, 708 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 156 reviews, 603 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 140 reviews, 482 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rome Intro, 130 reviews, 491 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 120 reviews, 425 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 137 reviews, 408 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 105 reviews, 395 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 95 reviews, 394 photos