"Travel with me" croisbeauty's Profile
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"
Since I am more than two years now on this site, you may call me VT addicted. Before joining to VT, I used to take family snapshoots only when traveling, all the sudden it has completely changed. Now I am trying to capture the scenes and the objects which might be of interest to other people too. Would like to know your experience about too.
As most of you here, I love travelling, to meet people and to make new friends. Besides, my preferences are sports (was a basketball player), history, good music (rock n'roll of course), photography, art, fresh seafood and sorted wines.
My nick name is CRO(atia)ISBEAUTY(ful country)
I dislike: toad-eaters, bottom-dwelers, dictators, liars, flatterers, limitations, falseness, intolerance, ....If you are not one of these characters, lets be friends.
More than thirty years now my hometown is Zagreb, the capital of Croatia, small country situated in the middle of Europe. Although so small it has a lot of attractions and the most beautiful sea-shore in whole the Mediterranean area.
Moja mladost mrkla olujina bjese,
Suncima tek gdjekad svijetlim obasjana,
Pustos vrtu mome gromovi nanijese,
I malo mi osta voca neubrana.
Jesen misli, eto, vec dodirnu mene,
Lopate se latit valja, koja zape,
Da zivotu vratim zemlje poplavljene,
Gdje rupe duboke ko grobovi zjape.
Tko zna, da l' ce novo cvijece mojih snova
Naci na tlu, golom poput pjescanika,
Sok okrepe tajne za cvjetanja nova?
O boli! O boli! Vrijeme zivot grabi,
A Netko nam srce glodje, mracna lika,
I krijepi se nasom krvlju, koja slabi!
My youth stormy darkness was,
Sunshine brightness rarely lit,
Waste my gardens by thunder made
And little fruit it bore me.
Autumn thinks, there, they touched me already,
Shovel in your hand to get, put your back to it,
To life return flooded soil,
Where craters, deep as graves, stare at me.
Who knows, will the blossoms of my dreams
On soil, barren as desert,
Find secrets that feed flowers new?
Oh pain! Oh pain! Time snatches at life
And some dark shadow eats at our hearts,
And revives with our blood, leaving no strength.
Translation: VTer visitor2
See my Kenya page:
I am in love with Kenya, definatelly. It is said, once you visit Africa you will fall in love with it, and it's the truth. This year, 2011 is the first time after 2006 that I didn't visit Kenya, unfortunatelly had neck injury and couldn't travel there.
Kenya is wonderful place to visit because of its fabulous nature resorts, number of stunning safari parks but above all because of nice and friendly people who live there. It is poor country but the people there have great spirit and warm heart. In order to learn more about my travels and Kenya, visit ma pages plz.
See my TUNISIA page:
I spend my 2004 and 2005 summer holidays in Tunisia, beautiful country especially the hinterland with fascinating Sahara.
See my Venezia page:
The town for strong feelings, you love it or you hate it! My problem is, I don't hate it but I don't like it, still I have to admit it, Venice is very exiting city, especially first Sunday in September when Regatta Storica take place.
See my Dubrovnik page:
I've visited many places, much more then you can see on my travel list, here you can see only those of which I have photos. Anyway, Dubrovnik is to me the most beautiful town I have ever seen. In case you find I am as a Croat too subjective, visit it and then tell me that am wrong.
See my Milano page:
Milano is one of the most undarrated touristic destinations of Italy, by making this page I wanted to proof how wrong is that opinion.
See my Perugia page:
Do not miss Perugia between July 10-30, each year. There is a great Umbria Jazz Festival with top world musicisians, and the atmosphere in the town is absolutely superb.
See my Florence page:
For many people it is the most beautiful town in whole of the world and a must see when visiting Italy. Besides enormous cultural heritage Florence offers very relaxed atmosphere, good food, excellent wines and above all, beautiful Tuscany dialect to those who speaks Italian.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 7,367 Reviews
- 22,574 Photos
- 18 Countries
- 199 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (145)
- Wrote a Review wooden chairs in Entebbe Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "School excursions"
- updated a Entebbe Travel Page "Entebbe, my gate to Uganda"
- Posted in Travel Konya Forum "Re: Airport to Konya for group"
- Commented on one of croisbeauty's Bologna tips
- croisbeauty and paddington28 are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "Travel with me"
- Uploaded a Video to Zagreb
VideosSee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 252 reviews, 1172 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 220 reviews, 835 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 200 reviews, 708 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 155 reviews, 602 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rome Intro, 123 reviews, 469 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 129 reviews, 454 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 135 reviews, 398 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 116 reviews, 411 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 105 reviews, 395 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 92 reviews, 383 photos