"Welcome to Shara.Buchan's HomePage" Shara.Buchan's Profile
Dear Virtual Tourists
I have not traveled much of the world, but I have seen a bit of Canada, Infact I have lived for ten weeks on Cortes Island of the Banks of B.C., spent ten weeks in Sutton Que, and ten weeks in Shelburne N.S. I was raised in numoruous small towns in Alberta. I am quite farmiliar with the diversity in Canada, and I hope that you will get the chance to become farmiliar with it to.
I have noticed that many members have added poetry to their pages. these poem are some I took it in college and decided to share.
Fire and Ice
By Robert Frost
Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
This poem I just discover in my Canadian Literature class it peaked my interest I hope you like it.
In The Hollow
By Charles Sangster
In the hollow, among the birch,
In vain through my brain for a though I search;
I might as well seek for a crock of gold,
Buried by genii in days of old,
Down, far down in this deep ravine,
With it's checkered roof of varied green.
In the hollow, among the trees,
That are rudely swung by the rising breeze,
Glintings of light are shifted down,
Like drops of gold from the forest's crown,
But never a thought in my weary brain,
Fills me with pleasure ir racks with pain.
In the hollow, where light and shade
Pass to and fro as if half afraid,
Pass like ghosts of the times of old,
By none by the red man's eyes beheld,
Here in the cool of the noon of the day,
Without a thought I could live for aye.
In the hollow, with light shut out,
No care can enter or roam about;
I might seek in vain through this summer noon,
For a wood-nymph's laugh, or a witch's croon;
Here, at least, from thought's strictest search
I'm safe in the hollow among the birch.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 413 Reviews
- 540 Photos
- 1 Countries
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- Shara.Buchan and matcrazy1 are now friends.
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "RE: pre-flight jet lag"
- Wrote a Review Walterdale Theatre about Performing Arts - theatre, symphany, dance in Edmonton Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Walterdale Theatre"
- updated a Edmonton Travel Page "Shara.Buchan's Edmonton Page"
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to Shara.Buchan's HomePage"
- Commented on one of Deus_ultima's Mont-Tremblant travel pages
Top 5 Pages
- Vancouver Intro, 75 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue
- Canada Intro, 94 reviews, 93 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sutton Intro, 60 reviews, 74 photos, 1 travelogue
- Edmonton Intro, 38 reviews, 84 photos, 1 travelogue
- Province of Alberta Intro, 54 reviews, 54 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22172 Reviews - 53908 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15524 Reviews - 30894 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23065 Reviews - 47272 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1928 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8349 Reviews - 17018 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1909 Reviews - 4475 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7646 Reviews - 19527 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos