"KONSTANZ (Constance)" Top 5 Page for this destination Konstanz by Pakistaniguy
Konstanz Travel Guide: 266 reviews and 927 photos
Constance is Cultural and Economic center of Lake of Konstanz, which is also known as "Bodensee" in German Language.
This lake has great significance as it join three countries together: Switzerland, Germany & Austria.
Constance is a very old and historical town of Germany and it was first settled by Romans. It played a leading role in Middle ages when it was the center of the ´Duchy of Swabia´, whose territory included much of Europe and it was also the largest Bishopric, North of the (swiss) Alps. This town reached its apex when the ´Council of Constance´ convened here from 1414 to 1418. The meeting chose a single Pope (replacing Three others) and thereby healing the ´Great Schism´in catholic church.
Today Constance is a rather more liberal town with little Industry. About one in seven inhabitants - affectionately known as Seehas (Lake Rabbits) - is a student in University of Constance, which was founded in 1966.
- Pros:Historical, Beautiful & Scenic. Good for honeymoon.
- Cons:Small town, No night life, People are a bit conservative.
- In a nutshell:Hmmm.... in short , i like being here in this lovely lake side city.
Pakistaniguy's Related Pages
Konstanz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Konstanz - Old Town Surprise"
- "Konstanz - beautiful setting and charming old town"
- "THE WONDERFUL MEDIEVAL OLD TOWN OF KONSTANZ"
- "KONSTANZ (Constance)"
- "South Germany"
- "Welcome to my hometown Konstanz"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Konstanz
- Hotels in Konstanz
- Transportation in Konstanz
- Nightlife in Konstanz
- Restaurants in Konstanz
- Shopping in Konstanz
- Warnings and Dangers in Konstanz
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Konstanz
- 17 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Konstanz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Konstanz
- Posted in Travel Province of Quebec Forum "Montreal Transit System! Confusing?"
- Wrote a Review Take a Train to go anywhere in Europe! in Konstanz Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Take a Train to go anywhere in Europe!"
- Commented on one of phred1910's Konstanz travel pages
- updated a Konstanz Travel Page "KONSTANZ (Constance)"
Photos in KonstanzSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lahore Intro, 116 reviews, 141 photos, 5 travelogues
- Yemen Intro, 104 reviews, 145 photos, 5 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 105 reviews, 114 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Qatar Intro, 68 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 59 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 49 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 54 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zürich Intro, 42 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Mykonos Intro, 33 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Buncrana Intro, 35 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues