"P A K I S T A N - My Beloved Country" Pakistan by Pakistaniguy
Pakistan Travel Guide: 3,773 reviews and 8,300 photos
Economic growth: Pak among top five in Asia
ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz on Tuesday said the economic growth in the country has shown a "significant improvement" and gone up to 8.3% during 2004-05. Speaking at inaugural session of Annual Plan Coordination Committee (APCC) the Prime Minister described it "a historic day" for Pakistan. Shaukat Aziz said since independence in 1947, the country had achieved growth rate of over 8 per cent, five time in its history. He said the agriculture sector registered 7.5% growth, long Term Manufacturing sector showed a growth of 15.4% this year, while the services sector attained 7.9% progress, he added.
My Dear Fellow VT Travellers !
Pakistan is blessed with natural endowments, may it be fertile land, beautiful landscape, loftiest mountains, hills stations, long rivers, sandy beaches or archaeological sites. However, a very little of this natural beauty is seen by the world!
Trekking, Mountaineering, White water Rafting, Wild boar hunting, Mountain & Desert Jeep, Camel & Yak Safaris, Bird watching and Trout fishing are a few activities, which entice the adventure and nature lovers to Pakistan.
UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Pakistan:**
1980 Archaeological Ruins at Moenjodaro
1980 Buddhist Ruins at Takht-i-Bahi and Neighboring City Remains at Sahr-i-Bahlol
1981 Historic Monuments of Thatta
1981 Fort and Shalamar Gardens in Lahore
1997 Rohtas Fort
Pakistan has the wonderful landscape, breath taking picturesque scenic beauty in Northern Areas, Natural beaches in the South,oldest civilizations including Indus Gandhara in the Centre and Mughal Art and Culture in its Eastern Part. Its main attraction includes adventure Tourism in Northern Areas, Cultural & Archaeological Tourism as found in Taxila, Mohenjodaro, Harrapa and Swat Valley and Early Muslim and Mughal heritage of Multan, Lahore, Thatta & Peshawar.
From the mighty mountains in the Karakoram in the North to the vast alluvial delta of the Indus River in the south, Pakistan remains a land of high adventure and nature.
N O R T H E R N A R E A S:
Northern Areas has greatest concentration of highest peaks of the World. It has five peaks over 8,000 meters, including the World?s 2nd Highest,K-2, ( which is 8,611 metres ) , 29 peaks over 7,500 meters and 121 of over 7,000 meters. Hundreds of peaks are still un-climbed and this is a great challenge for the mountaineers and mountain climbers the world over!
R I V E R S O F P A K I S T A N:
The rivers of Pakistan spread like a net though its length and breadth. Right from the heights of the Karakoram, the Himalayas and the Hindukush. Pakistan’s river change its course and flow until they all meet the mighty Indus, at different points, which ultimately fall into the Arabian Sea.These rivers are ideal for all kinds of Water Sports, like Rafting, Canoeing, Boating and Sailing. Following rivers in the Northern Areas of Pakistan are open for Water Sports, besides the Indus, the Ravi and Chenab in Punjab, Sindh, and NWFP provinces.
1. Indus River (From Jaglot in North to Thakot in south).
2. Kunhar River (From Naran to Kaghan in NWFP).
3. River Swat (From Bahrain to Saidu Sharif).
4. Panjora River (From Dir to Batkhela).
5. Hunza River (From Aliabad to Gilgit) .
A R C H E L O G I C A L S I T E S:
Mohenjodaro literally means “ Mound of Death ”. It lies in province of Sindh. It is most important archaeological site presenting 2500 B.C old remains of the Indus Valley. This archaeological site has been placed on the UNESCO’S WORLD HERITAGE list. 2.
Gandhara region has once been the hallowed center of the Buddhism, the cradle of the World famous Gandhara sculpture, culture, art and learning. The archaeological remains found in Taxila, Peshawar, Charsadda, Takht Bhai, Swat and rock craving along the ancient Silk route (presently known as Karakoram Highway - KKH) have well recorded the history of Gandhara. Lying in Haro valley near Islamabad, Taxila, and the main center of Gandhara is over 3,000 years old! Taxila has attracted the attention of the great conqueror,Alexander in 327 B.C, when it was the province of the powerful Achaemenian Empire. It later came under the Maurian Dynasty and reached a remarkable matured level of development under the great Ashoka.
In conclusion, One must come to Pakistan and try to avail the opportunity to have his share from the treasures endowed by the nature on Pakistan.
Seeya here in Pakistan.
- In a nutshell:Visit Pakistan and feel the Nature in its true colours.
There are many Cricket Stadiums all over the country. Especially in every major city of Pakistan there are international... more travel advice
There is one thing every Pakistani Love and its the game of Cricket. Though Americans might not have heard this name... more travel advice
Pakistaniguy's Related Pages
Pakistan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Land of Mountain gods Pakistan"
- "Pakistan....from mountains through deserts"
- "Faiza-Ifrah's women's Pakistan off the beaten path"
- "A Westerners Point of View"
- "THE ENCHANTING BEAUTY OF PAKISTAN........."
- "Incredible Pakistan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pakistan
- Hotels in Pakistan
- Transportation in Pakistan
- Nightlife in Pakistan
- Restaurants in Pakistan
- Shopping in Pakistan
- Warnings and Dangers in Pakistan
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Pakistan
- 234 Reviews
- 406 Photos
- 83 Forum posts
- 13 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Pakistan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pakistan
- Posted in Travel Province of Quebec Forum "Montreal Transit System! Confusing?"
- Wrote a Review China-Pakistan Bus Service about Travelling by Bus in Pakistan Transportation
- updated a Pakistan Travel Page "P A K I S T A N - My Beloved Country"
- Commented on one of svbuchanan's Pakistan travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "All about Pakistan in German (For DE, CH & AT)"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lahore Intro, 116 reviews, 141 photos, 5 travelogues
- Yemen Intro, 104 reviews, 145 photos, 5 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 105 reviews, 114 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Qatar Intro, 68 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 59 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 49 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 54 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zürich Intro, 42 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Mykonos Intro, 33 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Buncrana Intro, 35 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (208)
Top Pakistan hotels
- Karachi Hotels
- 470 Reviews - 1005 Photos
- Lahore Hotels
- 539 Reviews - 977 Photos
- Islamabad Hotels
- 418 Reviews - 878 Photos
- Murree Hotels
- 51 Reviews - 149 Photos
- Rawalpindi Hotels
- 28 Reviews - 28 Photos
- Muzaffarabad Hotels
- 15 Reviews - 60 Photos
- Multan Hotels
- 32 Reviews - 100 Photos
- Faisalabad Hotels
- 24 Reviews - 23 Photos
- Peshawar Hotels
- 242 Reviews - 333 Photos
- Gilgit Hotels
- 93 Reviews - 156 Photos
- Naran Hotels
- 145 Reviews - 224 Photos
- Gwadar Hotels
- 18 Reviews - 56 Photos
- Mari Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Quetta Hotels
- 4 Reviews - 15 Photos
- Nathia Gali Hotels
- 74 Reviews - 119 Photos