"FLORENCE" Florence by Pakistaniguy
Florence Travel Guide: 5,082 reviews and 11,268 photos
My Trip to Florence:
14th October 2002. 01.00 am, me and my aunt (Najma) took a train from Bellizona to Firenze (Italian name of Florence). It was a nice n clean night train and as we entered the train we were welcomed by the ?train officer? for that particular part of the train. He took our tickets and he showed us our compartment with the berths in it.
Our train compartment had capacity for 6 berths in it and we reserved the lower two berths opposite to each other. As we entered our compartment we ?had?to sleep immediately because all the other 4 passengers were sleeping on their respective breths and the light was closed as well. So without making a lot of noise and disturbing the other passengers we prepared to sleep. The train was passing through the Alps of Italian part of Switzerland and soon we were deep asleep.
The knocking on the door wake up at 6 am. It was the train officer who took our tickets and passports last night when we were getting on the train. He brought breakfast for us. It was just an O.K breakfast. He told us that in 40 mins we would be arriving in Florence InshAllah. So, we took our breakfast and prepared to leave the train. We open the shutter covering the window and looked outside. I could see the colour of the sky changing in the horizon. Our train was passing through the Northern plains of Italy. It was beautiful too see everything coming out of the darkness into the royal blue zone.
The train arrived in Florence accoridng to the official time. It nice to see that the trains are usually accurate in countries other than Switzerland in Europe as well. but as we dragged out luggage into the thin corridor of the train, the excitement increased. The first scene of Italy which i saw was of the Firenze railway station and i was deeply disappointed. I had the feeling as if the train has brought us to any train station of any third world African country. Moreover the smell of the air on the railway station can not be described but only experienced. I can only say that it was VERY BAD. You can imagine what was going in our minds because we were coming from Switzerland into such a place dirty and smelly train station.
We came out of the station took out our hotel?s address and map..... Asked the directions from the locals. The hotel was not so far.... just a 10 mins walk. Now the sun was out and shinning. The fog got lesser and lesser and we started feeling better. As we came out of the station and started walking towards the hotel, we found some nice eating shops and restaurants. It was a working day and we saw people dressed up going to their offices and work places. We found Hotel Patrizia and they showed us our rooms in their branch hotel which they had newly built ?Hotel Benedetta?. It was like a 7 rooms appartment in a building and was beautifully decorated. The price was reasonable as well about 60 Euros per night. Najma decided to take some rest as she was not able to sleep comfortably in the train. I took a shower and got ready to go out.....
Whatever i saw in florence you would see here on this page but in their respective catagories.
We stayed for 2 nights and 2 days in Florence and from here we continued out trip towards Bologna.
Thank You & Best Wishes,
Muhammad Umer Durrani-
- Pros:Roman Culture & Art is fantastic, Historical and Cultural City.
- Cons:No good Discos & No Significant Night Life activity.
- In a nutshell:If you like History and Culture then u CAN'T miss Florence but if u like a Modern City with fast life then u should 'Re-think' about visiting Florence.
Arno River has something special about itself. It looks so nice to sit there near by or just stand and have a look at... more travel advice
Florence is famous for its history and Roman Art. Churches are most famous for their Roman style and art. If you have... more travel advice
- See All Internet Point for All of US !!!
- See All Accommodation Tip
- See All Jewellry Shops
- The paintings on Ponte Vecchio.
Pakistaniguy's Related Pages
Florence Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "weekends in Florence"
- "FIRENZE - FLORENCE"
- "My Relationship With Firenze"
- "Firenze -Florence - Florenz - Florencia"
- "Breathtaking Florence!"
- "Fabulous Florence"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Florence
- Hotels in Florence
- Transportation in Florence
- Nightlife in Florence
- Restaurants in Florence
- Shopping in Florence
- Warnings and Dangers in Florence
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Florence
- 21 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Florence?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Florence
- Posted in Travel Province of Quebec Forum "Montreal Transit System! Confusing?"
- updated a Florence Travel Page "FLORENCE"
- Commented on one of Jafri's Florence travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "A view of Ponte Vecchio"
- Wrote a Review A View of Arno River about Ponte Vecchio & Arno River in Florence Things to Do
Photos in FlorenceSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lahore Intro, 116 reviews, 141 photos, 5 travelogues
- Yemen Intro, 104 reviews, 145 photos, 5 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 105 reviews, 114 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Qatar Intro, 68 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 59 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 49 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 54 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zürich Intro, 42 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Mykonos Intro, 33 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Buncrana Intro, 35 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (208)
Latest Florence hotel reviews
- Campeggio Michelangelo
- 87 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 27, 2013
- Hotel Abaco
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 5, 2013
- Hotel de la Ville
- 256 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Hotel Cellai
- 216 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Grand Hotel Mediterraneo
- 317 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Hotel Maxim
- 272 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- Il Guelfo Bianco
- 880 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Florence Romantic Apartments
- 1 Review & Opinion
Latest: Oct 13, 2010
- Polihotels Palazzo Ricasoli-Firenze
- 93 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 6, 2013
- Villino Il Magnifico
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 19, 2012
- Park Palace
- 65 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 1, 2013
- Albergotto Hotel
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Il Salviatino
- 224 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Hotel La Venere
- 119 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Residence I Colli
- 23 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013