"Allah Ho Akber - ALLAH IS GREAT !" Top 5 Page for this destination Mecca by Pakistaniguy

Mecca Travel Guide: 157 reviews and 344 photos

A True Islamic City

I am very thankful for Kado for bringing me from Jeddah airport to Makkah at the time of day which is not convienient at all !

It was already the morning so, i went to The Haram by saying Allah humma Labayk and finally had the honour of seeing Ka'aba with my own eyes. It was the best thing I had ever seen from my eyes. There is some magical and mysterious powers there which mesmerize you. I was spell bound and continued just in the direction of The Holy Ka'aba. Subhhan Allah. Its there Strong, Solid, Covered with black velvet and in the middle of The Haram. There weren't many people there because of the non-umrah season (in which Saudi government doesn't issue Umrah Visas) but people were and performed my life's first Umrah.

Umrah is not so easy as it feels. Circling the Holy Ka'aba is not too diffcult but not too easy if there are many people in comparison with Sae'e is a difficult task as u have to walk and run 7 times between two small hills called Safa and Marwa inside The Haram which are around 400 meters away from each other !

After Umrah, I got my head shaved for 5 SR (1 US$ = 3.75 SR) and when i looked back at myself without hair i was shocked and thought i was an Alien :-) hehehe...

I Pray to Allah, The Most Merciful, that He accept my Umrah and things related to it and forgive me, my family and friends for all the mistakes which we made intentionally or unintentionally and give us a successful life here in this world and in the next world (heaven). Ameen.

• In a nutshell:A MUST SEE ONCE IN A LIFE !
  • Last visit to Mecca: Mar 2004
  • Intro Updated Oct 27, 2004

• Mar 21, 2010 at 8:58 PM

How much is the taxi fare (not-sharing) from Makkah to madinah and from Madinah to Jeddah airport? I would appreciate if someone can give me an estimate. Jazak Allahu Khairan.

• Yasmine03's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2005 at 7:33 PM

Thank you for the great tips. Enjoyed all your pages. Regards, Y.

• alycat's Profile Photo
    Oct 31, 2004 at 5:13 PM

Alhumdulilah

• Marcin75's Profile Photo
    Oct 19, 2004 at 1:03 AM

I hope you have been experiencing blessings of that trip from the Almighty.

• Mar 14, 2004 at 3:21 AM

Very nice pictures of Makkah too, thanks for sharing it with us, yaar this saraya hotel, which gate of Haram is it close to ? any contact # or something as I was in Makkah last thu-fri for Umrah too and I usually have problems in finding a good hotel :)

• DunaKal's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2004 at 2:54 AM

oh,,i have the same exact picture of the houses on the hills....hehehe,,what a coincidence!!

• thelittlevoice's Profile Photo
    Mar 8, 2004 at 4:30 AM

nice pictures! would love to visit there one day...hopefully it will be easier for non-muslim to enter the country soon.

• kado's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2004 at 1:04 PM

Mabrouk...

• Mar 3, 2004 at 4:03 PM

I will be amazed if you took pictures of Makkah, which I think the hardest to shot.

• seratonin's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2004 at 12:23 AM

I am waiting for your pictures :-) !

Pakistaniguy

“Ambassador of Love, Peace and Happiness”

Badges & Stats in Mecca