"GRAMADO - ^The Little Germany of Brazil^" Gramado by Pakistaniguy

Gramado Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 79 photos

Alarm rang... my eye lids felt like heavy shutters of a whole sale shop downtown... trying to focus took me a few mins but then i saw the time, it was 8am sharp... i woke up Otavio - my host in Porto Alegre... and asked him if he wants to go to Gramado to watch the tennis match. He asked me in return if i want - i said, 'even that we slept for not more than a couple of hours, i can'. That was it - decision was made - We were going to watch the final of Gramado Open 2006 between two brazillians: 1. Alves - The Best tennis player of Brazil - world rank around 80 and Ferreira who was the best from Rio Grande del Sur province where this tournament was held. As my friend was from Rio Grande del Sur so we were supporting the local kid.

It was my first ever tennis match live in a court. I enjoyed the game a lot. It was a thrilling match because at one stage it looked as if Ferreira will loose it on the tie break in the set after losing the first set 6-3 but he turned the match around by winning first the tie break and then the third set as Alves gave up due to his muscle pulled.

• Last visit to Gramado: Oct 2006
  • Intro Written Oct 16, 2006

Comments

Pakistaniguy

“Ambassador of Love, Peace and Happiness”

Badges & Stats in Gramado

Have you been to Gramado?

Photos in Gramado