"FAISALABAD - The City where I Spent My Childhood" Faisalabad by Pakistaniguy
Faisalabad Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 23 photos
Faisalabad formerly known as 'Lyallpur' city is the third largest city of Pakistan with an estimated population around 1,977,246 in 1998.
It is situated in the North Eastern Part of Pakistan. Faisalabad is in a cotton and wheat growing Area.
It is also an important transportation and commercial center, especially for grains, cloth, and ghee (clarified butter). Manufactures include textiles, pharmaceuticals, chemical fertilizer, bicycles, textile machinery, hosiery, flour, sugar, vegetable oil, and soap.
The city was founded by Sir James Lyall c.1895 and named in his honor. Punjab Agricultural University, several colleges affiliated with the University of Punjab, and numerous experimental farms and cattle-breeding stations are in Faisalabad.
It is still emerging as a modern city of 21st century but nowdays it is going through a phase when places change from big villages to modern cities and it can be seen from all the buildings and sites in Faisalabad. This is one of the interesting features of this city.
I visited this city thrice this year. Now lets continue our virtual trip to Pakistan's Third largest city.
- Pros:A true example how Pakistanicities converted from bigger villages to main cities.
- Cons:Industrial city, very few sight seeing places, In comparision with other Pakistani cities there is not much history of this city.
- In a nutshell:Its the thrid largest city of Pakistan and but it not something must see. If you are travel by train then u may add one day trip to Faisalabad.
Chicken Prawns Sause to be served alongwith Rice. more travel advice
The Entrance of the restaurant is very nice. It is decorated by the Chinese decorations and there is a little garden... more travel advice
Pakistaniguy's Related Pages
Faisalabad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "FAISALABAD - The City where I Spent My Childhood"
- "Faisalabad - the city of eight bazars"
- "Adeel Tahir ka Faisalabad"
- "Lyallpur AKA Faisalabad"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Faisalabad
- Hotels in Faisalabad
- Transportation in Faisalabad
- Nightlife in Faisalabad
- Restaurants in Faisalabad
- Warnings and Dangers in Faisalabad
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Faisalabad
- 9 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Faisalabad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Faisalabad
Photos in FaisalabadSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lahore Intro, 116 reviews, 141 photos, 5 travelogues
- Yemen Intro, 104 reviews, 145 photos, 5 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 105 reviews, 114 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Qatar Intro, 68 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 59 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 49 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 54 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zürich Intro, 42 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Mykonos Intro, 33 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Buncrana Intro, 35 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (208)
Latest Faisalabad hotel reviews
- Faisalabad Serena Hotel
- 18 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 31, 2013