Karachi Things to Do Tips by Pakistaniguy
Karachi Things to Do: 149 reviews and 275 photos
Surrounded by the green Bah-e-Jinnah, Liaqat Hall, originally the frere hall was once the Town Hall where inc colonial days, concerts and social events were held reqularly. This two-storied Venetian Gothic building now houses the Liaqat Municipal Library on the ground floor and an art gallery on the upper storey. Named after one of Pakistan's renowned artists, Sadequain the gallery displays a permanent collection of the artists's work, Sadequain spent the last years of his life painting a huge mural on the ceiling of the gallery but, sadly, did not lived to complete it.
This museum, on Dr. Ziauddin Ahmed Road, contains an important collectins of items relating to Pakistan's ancient heritage. Well arranged galleries display Indus Civilization, Gandhara sculptures, Islamic art Miniatur paintings ancient coins and manuscripts documenting Pakistan's political history. There is also an interesting ethnological gallery.
Built by the British to commemorate the Silver Jubille of Queen Victoria's reign, this historic market is designed in the domestic Gothic style. From its centre rises a tall clock tower. The market contains shops that sell meat fish, poultry, vegetbles and other groceries. For souvenirs of brassware carved silverware, gold and silver jewllery, embroidy, Delicate mirror-work of Sindh, handloom, tapestris, printed fabrics. lacquer-ware, camel skin articles and carved wood-work, tourists are advised to visit the All Pakistan Women's Association (APWA) shop on Abdullah Haroon Road and the P.I.D.C.Cottage Industries show room where prices are fixed and quality ensured. There are a number of other shops in all main markets of city.
Address: Sadar Karachi
This white marble Mausoleum with its curved Moorish arches and copper grills resets on an elevated 54 sq. meters platform. The cool inner sanctum reflects the green of a four-tiered crystal chandelier gifted by the peoples Republic of China. The memorial slab framed with silver rallings dawas people from far and wide who come to pay their respects to the father of the Nation and to watch the impressive changing of guards
cermony that takes place everyday. Today the Quaid-e-Azam's Mausoleum is a prominent and impressive landmark of Karachi. Nearby are the graves of the “Quaid-e-Millat”. Liaqat Ali Khan, the first Prime Minister of Pakistan and the Quaid's sister, Mohtarma Fatima Jinnah.
Foremost among Karachi's historic building is the birthplace of Quaid-e-Azam. The house is balconied, three-storied structure on Newneham Road, located in Kharadar, one of the oldest residential areas of the city. The house has been declared a protected national monument.
More Reviews (12)
Pakistaniguy's Related Pages
Karachi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Karachi ~ Over the edge!"
- "KARACHI - THE CITY OF LIGHTS"
- "Karachi an Unpredictable city"
- "Sensory Overload - Karachi"
- "Faiza & Ifrah's Southern Sindh Province"
- "Karachi - Where No One Sleeps Hungry"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Karachi
- Hotels in Karachi
- Transportation in Karachi
- Nightlife in Karachi
- Restaurants in Karachi
- Shopping in Karachi
- Warnings and Dangers in Karachi
- See All...
Explore the World
- Bang Sai Hotels
- Las Galletas
- Cortina Hotels
- Cai Rong
- Tinamaste Hotels
- Holiday Poconos Hotels
Badges & Stats in Karachi
- 17 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 32 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Karachi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Karachi
- Posted in Travel Province of Quebec Forum "Montreal Transit System! Confusing?"
- Commented on one of zinneke's Karachi travel pages
- updated a Karachi Travel Page "KARACHI - A Charming Beach City"
- Uploaded a Photo to "KARACHI - A Charming Beach City"
- Wrote a Review Jinnah Terminal, Karachi Airport about By Air in Karachi Transportation
Photos in KarachiSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lahore Intro, 116 reviews, 141 photos, 5 travelogues
- Yemen Intro, 104 reviews, 145 photos, 5 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 105 reviews, 114 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Qatar Intro, 68 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 59 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 49 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 54 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zürich Intro, 42 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Mykonos Intro, 33 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Buncrana Intro, 35 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (208)
Latest Karachi hotel reviews
- Sheraton Karachi Hotel
- 93 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 9, 2013
- Marriott Karachi
- 59 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 26, 2013
- Pearl Continental Hotel
- 49 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 17, 2013
- Avari Towers Karachi
- 91 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 16, 2013
- Regent Plaza Hotel
- 23 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 27, 2012
- Ramada Plaza Karachi Airport
- 41 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 25, 2013
- Beach Luxury Hotel
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 25, 2013
- Carlton Hotel
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 24, 2010
- Embassy Inn
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Hotel Faran
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 13, 2012
- Sea View- 18 Reviews, 36 Photos
- Mazar-e-Quaid- 10 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Kemari- 8 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Aladdin Park- 7 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Hawks Bay Beach- 3 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Pakistan Air Force Museum- 3 Reviews, 15 Photos
- Frere Hall- 14 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Mohatta Palace Museum- 5 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Clifton Funland- 3 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Zoo- 4 Reviews, 7 Photos
See All Karachi Things to Do