"KARACHI - A Charming Beach City" Karachi by Pakistaniguy

Karachi Travel Guide: 474 reviews and 1,011 photos

The City of Lights !

Welcome to The 2nd Best Page of Karachi (mashAllah) here on VT.

I hope I've provided enough useful info so that you can easily plan your trip to Karachi.

LATEST: Check out Quaid-e-Azam Terminal Karachi Airport's New Website with lots of Pics of the airport !!! http://www.karachiairport.com

Karachi the largest and the most populous city of Pakistan, presents an interesting and colourful combination of the old and new. The narrow twisting lanes and alleys of the old city throb with life alongside wide metalled road and elegant modern building. Within the city, talented artisans with age-old skills produce handicrafts of exquisite beauty.

Karachi offers a variety of pleasant attractions, wide sunny beaches deep-sea fishing. yachting, golf and horseracing, all year round. Its restaurants cater to a wide choice of Pakistani and Western cuisines. Its markets and bazaars offer an endless variety of exciting shopping, including indigenous handicrafts. Particularly rugs and carpets of rare designs and beauty.

Karachi 's recorded history goes back to the 18th century when its was a small fishing village known as Kalachi-jo-Goth. With the development of its harbour it gradually grew into a large city and an important centre of trade and industry. Its selection as the capital of Pakistan in 1947 added to its importance and accelerated its growth and development. Though the seat of Government shifted to Islamabad, Karachi still remins the centre of commerce and industry.

• Last visit to Karachi: Nov 2004
  • Intro Updated Feb 12, 2005

• BluBluBlu's Profile Photo
    Aug 8, 2005 at 8:11 AM

Great info & tips on Karachi!

• tarun_sehgal's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2005 at 1:33 AM

Hi Umer Nice to see this website. I am from Bombay, India, and I really want to see Karachi I have great inclination towards Paksitan as few of the cities are my ancestral place. Thanks for giving such usefull information. & I wish you all the best. Tarun

• Sep 22, 2004 at 2:29 PM

Night life is good in Lahore but i think Karachi is the best place in the country to enjoy night life .it is actually the city that never sleeps even if u walk out at 4 in the mornign u can find a place where u can go and eat out .have party or just relax

• Jul 14, 2004 at 1:49 PM

Hehe I love the airport! We need an airport like that in my hometown! Could we exchange airports and give you the boxport we have ;o). Majid

• zainfeb13's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2004 at 12:44 AM

Nice info.. There are so many other things in Karachi, invisibile to general public. By the way, give me your email address, next week I am coming to Lahore.

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2004 at 11:25 AM

Great information on this page Umer ,very helpful Karatchi is the City I once with a ship,some 40 years ago.I bet things have changed a lot.

• Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo
    Oct 19, 2003 at 12:15 PM

we need more pics on very nice page about karachi. we thinks that karachi is best pakistani city after nowshera and peshawar in the nwfp :-) people accept as what u are. no restrictions. u can speak whatever pakistani language u want.

• Amitu's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2003 at 9:11 AM

Great pages, Muhammad..i visited karachi 15 yrs ago and had a great time

• Jul 29, 2003 at 10:39 AM

nice tips, hope to see more pics about karachi .....happy travels

• Jul 14, 2003 at 11:28 AM

another good page!

Pakistaniguy

“Ambassador of Love, Peace and Happiness”

Badges & Stats in Karachi

Have you been to Karachi?