"Multan - The City of Shrines & Masoleums" Top 5 Page for this destination Multan by Pakistaniguy
Multan Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 100 photos
First Visit: November 2000
Second Visit: November 2004
The above couplet (in the subtitle) by a Persian poet describes the primordial environment of the historic city of Multan. But that has changed now and not onlythe city of Multan but also the district itself has been transformed into a green, fertile area. It is fast becoming an industrial town.The city has its own charm, culture and crafts. The origin of the name 'Multan' is obscure and so is the period of its founding.
Hiuen Tsang has called it as ''Mulosan pulu and Alberuni called it ''Multana'' which ultimately came to be called ''Multan''.
The famous mosques of Multan are Wali Mohammad Mosque in Chowk Bazar built by Ali Muhammad Khakwani in 1758 A.D., Mosque... more travel advice
There is no as such night life. But you can go to any shopping areas to find some activity happening. Local... more travel advice
Pakistaniguy's Related Pages
Multan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Saints & Sinners"
- "I signed up for this?!"
- "Multan - The City of Shrines & Masoleums"
- "The City of Saints"
- "Multan have it's Own Culture & History"
- "Multan:A Historical Treasure"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Multan
- Hotels in Multan
- Transportation in Multan
- Nightlife in Multan
- Restaurants in Multan
- Shopping in Multan
- Warnings and Dangers in Multan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Multan
- 4 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Multan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Multan
- Posted in Travel Province of Quebec Forum "Montreal Transit System! Confusing?"
- Commented on one of zinneke's Multan travel pages
- updated a Multan Travel Page "Multan - The City of Shrines & Masoleums"
- Wrote a Review MOSQUES in Multan Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Multan - The City of Shrines & Masoleums"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lahore Intro, 116 reviews, 141 photos, 5 travelogues
- Yemen Intro, 104 reviews, 145 photos, 5 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 105 reviews, 114 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Qatar Intro, 68 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 59 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 49 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 54 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zürich Intro, 42 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Mykonos Intro, 33 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Buncrana Intro, 35 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues