"München (Munich) - Capital of Bavaria" Munich by TinyTuck
Munich Travel Guide: 4,309 reviews and 9,910 photos
Munich is surely one of Germany´s prettiest cities. It´s situated in the state of Bavaria (Bayern) which embodies the "typical Germany" as it is known by some people: men in leather pants, girls in traditional dresses, folk music, dances,... However, Munich is a modern city, and most of it´s 1.2 million inhabitants are not even Bavarian, so don´t expect it to be too much like that!
If you have a picture like that in your mind and don´t want to get dissapointed you´ll have to go to the annual Oktoberfest, the biggest folcloric festival in the world, where a lot of Bavarians (and tourists!) wear traditional clothes and everybody drinks a lot of beer and they play German folk music all day.
- Pros:Very nice city, a lot of beer, hearty food
- Cons:most expensive city of Germany!
- In a nutshell:THE stereotypical German city (ok, depends on where you go...)
This church is the landmark of Munich! It was built in 1489 and has got two interesting towers. You can also get up on... more travel advice
The "Bavarian National Theater", which is the "Bayrische Staatsoper" ("Bavarian National Opera") at the same time, was... more travel advice
TinyTuck's Related Pages
Munich Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Munich - Oktoberfest & a lot more !"
- "Brezn, Bier and Beautiful Days in Munich"
- "Munich is nature, art, events and culture"
- "The Big Village"
- "Munich - my current hometown"
- "Munich and Surroundings"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Munich
- Hotels in Munich
- Transportation in Munich
- Nightlife in Munich
- Restaurants in Munich
- Shopping in Munich
- Warnings and Dangers in Munich
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Munich
- 15 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 33 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Munich?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Munich
- Posted in Travel Galápagos Islands Forum "Re: land-based tour v. cruise"
- updated a Munich Travel Page "München (Munich) - Capital of Bavaria"
- Commented on one of bhorton's Munich travel pages
- Wrote a Review "Viktualienmarkt" about Viktualienmarkt in Munich Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to ""Residenz""
Photos in MunichSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uganda Intro, 47 reviews, 84 photos, 5 travelogues
- Aachen Intro, 35 reviews, 92 photos, 5 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 29 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Monterrey Intro, 17 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Iowa Intro, 10 reviews, 58 photos, 7 travelogues
- Düsseldorf Intro, 22 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oviedo Intro, 5 reviews, 49 photos, 5 travelogues
- Mendoza Intro, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Jaisalmer Intro, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 15 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (72)
Latest Munich hotel reviews
- Tulip Inn Munich Airport
- 23 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 18, 2013
- Kempinski Hotel Airport Munchen
- 503 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Astor Hotel
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- Hotel Stadt Rosenheim
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 30, 2013
- Hotel Alfa
- 68 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 21, 2013
- Royal Hotel
- 308 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Tulip Inn Concorde Munich
- 63 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 15, 2013
- Hilton Park Munich
- 313 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013
- Best Western Premier Bayerischer Hof Miesbach
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 25, 2012
- Sheraton Munchen Arabellapark Hotel
- 250 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013
- Bauer Hotel & Gasthof
- 28 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 4, 2013
- Etap Hotel Munchen City
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 14, 2013
- Hotel Mozart
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 30, 2011
- Comfort Hotel Munchen Ost
- 42 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- King's Hotel First Class
- 396 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013