"The Netherlands" Netherlands by TinyTuck

Netherlands Travel Guide: 32,757 reviews and 87,743 photos

Holland - the small country with its very tall and blond people who listen to house music ( <-- that´s my personal stereotype!) - is well-known for it´s cheese, tulips, wooden shoes, windmills, French fries, coffee shops, gay scene, ...
There´s much more to it though, and I will try to take more pictures in the future to show you around this beautiful country.

This picture was taken in Madurodam, a place in Den Haag (The Hague) where they built a miniature Dutch city which consists of rebuilds of all the famous buildings of the whole country, typical houses, trains, an airport, ... It´s really neat.

My first own appartment was in Vaals, just about 1 km from the German border, where I lived for one year. Although living in another country, I lived closer to my university in Aachen, Germany than the people living in Aachen downtown!
EU makes things easy, however there was some beaurocracy to pass. On the picture you can see my "Verblijfskaart" (residence permit). It took me a long while to get telephone, because I needed that card first... And a really bad thing about living in Holland was my high phone bill from all the calls to Germany!! Also, Vaals is kinda small and not really fun for young people, so, when I decided to move with my (now ex) boyfriend, we prefered to live in Aachen, close to the city :-)

• Intro Updated Jan 22, 2003

TinyTuck Used To Live Here!

TinyTuck

“Rover, Wanderer, Nomad, Vagabond - Call me what you will!”

Badges & Stats in Netherlands

Have you been to Netherlands?

Latest Activity in Netherlands