"Uganda - The Pearl of Africa" Top 5 Page for this destination Uganda by TinyTuck
Uganda Travel Guide: 1,270 reviews and 3,139 photos
This page is still under construction, I've got a lot more pics to upload, so please check back later!
- Gorilla tracking (alternatively: chimps)
- Other national parks with a variety of wildlife
- A bunch of beautiful (crater) lakes
- Birding (it's a twitcher's paradise)
- White-water-rafting at the source of the Nile
- Murchison Falls, the world's most powerful waterfall
- Hiking the "Mountains of the Moon" (Rwenzoris)
- Beaches at Lake Victoria (Ssese Islands)
- For those with more time: voluntary work
* Kampala (3 days): Strolling around the city, markets, bars, Kasubi Tombs, Uganda Museum
--> Entebbe Botanical Gardens (day trip)
* Rushere, Mbarara District (4 weeks): working in hospital
--> Lake Bunyonyi (weekend trip): walking, canoeing
--> Lake Mburo (day trip): game drive + picnic
--> Kalangala, Ssese Islands (long weekend): relaxing, swimming, walking
--> Katonga Wildlife Reserve (day trip): nature walk + picnic
* Bwindi Impenetrable Rainforest (2 days): Gorilla tracking (didn't find them!!!)
* Queen Elizabeth N.P. (2 days): game drive + launch trip
* Kibale Forest N.P. (2 days): Chimp tracking
* Lake Nkuruba, Bunyuruguru Crater Lakes (4 days): relaxing, swimming, walking
* Murchison Falls N.P. (2 days): hiking at the waterfall, game drive
* Kampala again (2 days): gift shopping
* Jinja (1 day): white-water rafting, source of the Nile
* Banda Island, Ssese Islands (2 days): relaxing, swimming, walking
* Kampala agaaaain (1 day): some more shopping, some things to do
- Pros:Beautiful nature, friendly people, pleasant climate, tourists are hardly being hassled, low crime rates
- Cons:Few wildlife (compared to surrounding countries), national park entry fees are quite high
- In a nutshell:"The Pearl of Africa" offers a great variety of attractions - and it's still a hot tip for relaxed travelling
TinyTuck's Related Pages
Uganda Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""The pearl of Africa""
- "Undoubtedly one of Africa's hidden gems!"
- "Pearl of Africa"
- "Uganda - The Pearl of Africa"
- "BACK TO THE ROOTS"
- "Once it was called the pearl of Africa"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Uganda
- Hotels in Uganda
- Transportation in Uganda
- Nightlife in Uganda
- Restaurants in Uganda
- Shopping in Uganda
- Warnings and Dangers in Uganda
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Uganda
- 47 Reviews
- 111 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Uganda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Uganda
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uganda Intro, 47 reviews, 84 photos, 5 travelogues
- Aachen Intro, 35 reviews, 92 photos, 5 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 29 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Monterrey Intro, 17 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Iowa Intro, 10 reviews, 58 photos, 7 travelogues
- Düsseldorf Intro, 22 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oviedo Intro, 5 reviews, 49 photos, 5 travelogues
- Mendoza Intro, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Jaisalmer Intro, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 15 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue