"Das flenst!" Top 5 Page for this destination Flensburg by IceBear7
Flensburg Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 59 photos
Flensburg is Germany's most northern city, just a few minutes away from Denmark. It used to belong to Denmark, a long time ago, there are Danish schools and newspapers in the city and lots of visitors from across the border.
Flensburg is full of suprises: there are a lot of hills, and steep streets in the city; rum is of huge importance; not that many fish restaurants as I had expected; a very long shopping street, beautiful old merchants' houses, nothing was destroyed during the last wars, terrific backyards with galleries, little shops and cafes.
And Flensburg is full of what you expect: Flensburger beer everywhere, harbour right in the city center, seagulls, people talking with a funny accent saying "moin" at any time of the day, and a huge market square like in the "werner beinhart" movie.
A relaxed athmosphere, friendly people, close to lots of beaches, and the best thing: my brother is studying here now and I'll have free accommodation for the coming years :-)
I just love cities built by the water, and Flensburg has its water right in its heart. It's called the Förde and is... more travel advice
IceBear7's Related Pages
Flensburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Das flenst!"
- "Go a-Viking in Flensburg!"
- "Bonio goes to Flensburg"
- "A German City with a Danish Heart"
- "Last stop before Denmark"
- "Northern bordercity"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Flensburg
- Hotels in Flensburg
- Transportation in Flensburg
- Nightlife in Flensburg
- Restaurants in Flensburg
- Shopping in Flensburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Flensburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Flensburg
- 11 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Flensburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Flensburg
Photos in FlensburgSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Düsseldorf Intro, 66 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Aachen Intro, 24 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fulda Intro, 20 reviews, 19 photos, 3 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 13 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination British Virgin Islands Intro, 16 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 14 reviews, 19 photos, 3 travelogues
- Leipzig Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- California Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos, 3 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues