"Campeche" Campeche by IceBear7
Campeche Travel Guide: 70 reviews and 203 photos
I arrived very early on the night bus from Palenque, and slept on for a while at the bus station. It was a bit difficult to arrange my onward journey from here, because the girl at the counter was at least as tired as I was - we had our business encounter at 4 a.m. and all direct buses to Cancýn were fully booked because everybody was heading to the Caribbean beaches for New Year's.
I finally had my tickets, slept some more, left my bag at the bus station and spend some hours in Campeche - a town I liked a lot, but there is not much to do or see, so a day is more than enough.
Mexico is colourful everywhere, and the colours in San Cristobal are the most beautiful of all.
But Campeche is different. Apart from the blue of the sky the are no bright colours but everything but light blues, light reds and yellows and greens. The city gets a quite, sleepy touch unlike all other places I visited in Mexico. The location of campeche is also remarkable, it's right by the Gulf of Mexico, unfortunately there is no beach in the city center. But at least there are no buildings, and lots of space for walking and running and inline skating.
People in Campeche must be among the most active in all Mexico - in other place did I see as many people jogging along... more travel advice
IceBear7's Related Pages
Campeche Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Roadtrip to Campeche and Edzna"
- "CAMPECHE - BALUARTES Y PIRATAS"
- "San Francisco de Campeche"
- "Campeche/Uxmal Ruins"
- "Cathedral of the Conception"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Campeche
- Hotels in Campeche
- Transportation in Campeche
- Restaurants in Campeche
- Shopping in Campeche
- Warnings and Dangers in Campeche
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Campeche
- 2 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Campeche?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Campeche
Photos in CampecheSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Düsseldorf Intro, 66 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Aachen Intro, 24 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fulda Intro, 20 reviews, 19 photos, 3 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 13 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination British Virgin Islands Intro, 16 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 14 reviews, 19 photos, 3 travelogues
- Leipzig Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- California Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos, 3 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues