"Getting active on vacation" Land Rheinland-Pfalz by IceBear7

Land Rheinland-Pfalz Travel Guide: 4,298 reviews and 12,623 photos

1) A bicycle Trip along the Rhine

The Rhein Valley, one of the tourist highlights in Germany! Before our bicycle tour I had loved the view from the train onto the river, the castles, little towns. During the tour (just two days) it was even more beautiful than I had thought, and I understand why so many people from the US and Japan and all the other countries love this valley.

It takes a while to get used to what they sell in souvenir shops and what is sold as "traditional German food". Along the banks of the Rhein you can find all the cliches you can dream of ;-)

The first day we cycled from Mainz to St. Goar, about 60 km - we could have done more, the weather was perfect, easy cycling, but St. Goar seemed to be a nice, busy place to enjoy a sunny evening, and that's what we did.

The second day we only made it to Koblenz, about 40 km, it was a grey day, wind coming from the wrong direction, no wish to stop for a coffee or to take photos... so in Koblenz we took a boat and went about to Bonn-Godesberg, watching the rain falling on the Rhein.

One of the highlights on the tour was having my new digital camera with me!!

More info in the tips.

2) A Climbing workshop in the Pfalz region

A weekend of sweat and blood and dirt and real rocks! It was so exciting!!!
The weather was great, just blue skies and heat, so it was perfect to spend the whole weekend outdoors. Including staying on a pretty basic campsite.

More info in the tips.

• Intro Updated Sep 6, 2004

• jo104's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2005 at 3:54 AM

I've done a small spot of rock climbing in SA & instantly fell in love the adreneline & surge of power you feel - enjoy big time girl, Unfortunately it would have been costly for me to persue on my own :-(

• Jun 23, 2005 at 9:18 AM

Hi Stef, interesting page, I shall be visiting Koblenz next week, but sadly have to leave my bike at home ;-) tschuess! Maria

• Buckz's Profile Photo
    Mar 16, 2005 at 12:44 PM

Climbing Workshop looks great, but as for "the only way is up"- Gravity and I can prove otherwise.

• Nov 19, 2004 at 12:51 PM

just one word... coooool page!! ;-) i really like the pics... climbing, biking... nice area indeed... Koblenz is on my list... most definately!

• m-joy's Profile Photo
    Sep 10, 2004 at 12:18 AM

Great - an outside-climbing workshop in a wondeful landscape! ;-)

• Gili_S's Profile Photo
    May 30, 2004 at 8:30 AM

Nice adventure, beer tips are still missing :-)

• mtncorg's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2004 at 12:29 PM

"Along the banks of the Rhein you can find all the cliches you can dream of ;-)" Classic, but true;-\ The nice thing about riding along the Rhein is you can also load your bike on the boat or train when the wind is blowing too hard;-0

IceBear7

“nach dem urlaub ist vor dem urlaub”

Badges & Stats in Land Rheinland-Pfalz

Have you been to Land Rheinland-Pfalz?

Latest Activity in Land Rheinland-Pfalz