"Sonderborg" Sønderborg by IceBear7
Sønderborg Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 28 photos
Crossing the German-Danish border coming from Flensburg, Sonderborg is the first town you come across. Not very exciting, but great for a visit. Beautiful buildings, nice shopping street, a windmill, city center right by the water, a palace, seaside promenade. And a supermarket that is open on Sundays and you can buy exciting things like 100s of kinds of beer or cookies or newspapers in a strange language. You can pay in Euro although it's not the official currency. And lots of people speak German. Very friendly people!!! We saw a few pubs and clubs but everything was closed on this Sunday afternoon in December. I'll report back in summer!
The town is situated on the island of Als, and you can check their Webpage www.visitals.com
IceBear7's Related Pages
Sønderborg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Glimpse of Denmark"
- "The Hi-tech Town"
- "Just over the border from Germany . . ."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sønderborg
- 0 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Sønderborg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sønderborg
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Düsseldorf Intro, 66 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Aachen Intro, 24 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fulda Intro, 20 reviews, 19 photos, 3 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 13 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination British Virgin Islands Intro, 16 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 14 reviews, 19 photos, 3 travelogues
- Leipzig Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- California Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos, 3 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues