Düsseldorf Sports & Outdoors Tips by IceBear7 Top 5 Page for this destination
Düsseldorf Sports & Outdoors: 22 reviews and 29 photos
My favourite swimming pool in D?sseldorf. Huge area for kids and non-swimmers so if you want to do some "proper" swimming the big pool is the place to be.
And why it is so special: the airport is very close to this pool so while you are swimming you can watch planes take off (or land) and you can dream about the far-away places they go to.
UPDATE: They also have an indoor pool which is great in the winter. Almost every night they have aqua fitness classes. Always quite busy for proper swimming but ok.
Equipment: The water is great but try to avoid using the bathrooms and changing rooms...
Directions: close to the fair area and the (new) stadium, close to the Rhein
DEG playing Frankfurt Lions in Düsseldorf
The best you can do on a Friday evening or Sunday afternoon in winter: head towards Brehmstraße ice hockey stadium and cheer for the DEG. Officially called DEG Metro Stars. But they'll always be our DEG.
It's a legendary team, with legendary supporters. With a legendary victory tonight. Beating the Frankfurt Lions 6:2. Frankfurt is No.1 in the German ice hockey league at this stage. They were German champions last year. You wouldn't believe it after tonight's match.
The icehockey stadium on Brehmstraße is cult, and it's just around the corner from where I live. I can here the fans singing and cheering after every single match. But still they are going to build a new ice hockey stadium, and I doubt it's going to be the same. It's on Brehmstraße where the DEG fights for victory and not in a new place somewhere in the middle of nowhere.
Our DEG has the best supporters in the world, and it's just a tiny little bit of songs against the Cologne sharks. Just one little song tonight ;-)
Equipment: - red/ yellow jersey or scarf or at least a cap
- money for beer
Directions: from my apartment follow the street, turn right, turn left. there you are.
Theme: Sports Watching
Another climbing opportunity in Düsseldorf! Quite low, just 9 m from floor to ceiling. Most routes are in the categories 5 to 7, lots of great and tough overhangs, huge boulder area.
Nice staff, good shower facilities, fair prices (climbing 6 Euro, belt rental 2 Euro).
Open 4 p.m. to 11 p.m. during the week, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. on weekends.
Address: Diepenstraße in Gerresheim
Directions: Vertical Park is part of a huge sports center in Gerresheim (tip about that should come soon)
Theme: Sports Watching
A place for fitnessing, indoor climbing, beach soccer and beach volleyball. Always busy, in an old industrial hall. I love the fitness classes and go climbing every now and then but I don't like the walls there too much.
Beach fields are always busy and it gives you a bit of holiday feeling when you watch the guys&girls in the sand while you're exercising.
Equipment: All equipment for rent, but everything could be better.
Address: Neumannstraße 2
Directions: near the Metro
Klettermassiv Düsseldorf (danke Maren)
My favorite indoor climbing hall in Düsseldorf! They have nothing but climbing walls, a lot of routes of all kinds of difficulty, challenging and fun!
Very friendly staff.
Tuesdays and Thursdays they have open climbing meaning you can come on your own and they guarantee you a partner. Great to meet people as well. You can find me there on many Thursdays these days...
Equipment: Rental equipment is of great quality and rates are fair. The ropes are quite dirty, you wouldn't want to eat something with your fingers afterwards.
Nice little changing room, clean, with lockers.
Address: Wiesenstr. 76
Maybe it's not really a sport, if you just watch it... But it IS a great day out on a sunny summer Sunday in Düsseldorf.
There are all kinds of people going, with big hats and without, with all kinds of dogs and with the whole family.
You have to bet on a horse in each race - otherwise it gets really boring, you need a horse to cheer for, to get excited about. And betting starts at 1.50 and 2 euro, depending on bet. i noticed that people who go to the races for the first time have no idea how to bet - but they always win in their first race... so if you ever come to our races, let me help you with the betting - I only charge 50% of your winnings ;-)
Equipment: a buget - how much are you willing to lose? (mine is usually 10 euro)
More Reviews (59)
- See All Capitol Theater
- See All NRW Forum Kultur und Wirtschaft
- See All Kunsthalle & Kunstverein
- See All MuseumsBike
- See All Not all - MORE than you can eat...
IceBear7's Related Pages
Düsseldorf Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Die längste Theke der Welt and ... My new hometown"
- "Düsseldorf in the Snow"
- "Designer Dusseldorf"
- "Altbier on the Rhine"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Düsseldorf
- Hotels in Düsseldorf
- Transportation in Düsseldorf
- Nightlife in Düsseldorf
- Restaurants in Düsseldorf
- Shopping in Düsseldorf
- Warnings and Dangers in Düsseldorf
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Düsseldorf
- 66 Reviews
- 52 Photos
- 11 Forum posts
- 28 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Düsseldorf?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Düsseldorf
Photos in DüsseldorfSee All Photos (52)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Düsseldorf Intro, 66 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Aachen Intro, 24 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fulda Intro, 20 reviews, 19 photos, 3 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 13 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination British Virgin Islands Intro, 16 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 14 reviews, 19 photos, 3 travelogues
- Leipzig Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- California Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos, 3 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (50)
- Old Town - Altstadt- 56 Reviews, 72 Photos
- Rheinturm- 31 Reviews, 47 Photos
- Königsallee- 25 Reviews, 31 Photos
- Rhine - Rhein- 35 Reviews, 44 Photos
- Benrath Palace - Schloss Benrath- 9 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Town Hall - Rathaus- 16 Reviews, 26 Photos
- City Centre- 11 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Gehry Buildings- 7 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Modern Art Museum- 3 Reviews, 3 Photos
- St. Lambertus Church- 6 Reviews, 8 Photos
See All Düsseldorf Things to Do