"Home!" Top 5 Page for this destination Düsseldorf by IceBear7
Düsseldorf Travel Guide: 948 reviews and 2,148 photos
D?sseldorf is Germany's posh city. Expensive, designer stores and luxury shops. And the "natives" think they are little better than the rest of the world.
At the same time they are famous for the "Rheinische Frohsinn", they love and know how to celebrate, they love their beer, and know how to enjoy life! And that is easily done in D?sseldorf, even if you don't have a fortune to spend.
... bar: Bagel on Ratinger Strasse. Great cocktails and snacks, hot milk with honey for colder days, and the best atmosphere at any time of the day.
...large book shop: Stern Verlag in Friedrichstrasse. It's huge and a friend of mine works in their university branch.
... Chinese take away: Shanghai in Brehmstrasse. Tasty and friendly.
...small book shop: The one in Rethelstrasse, because you get the feeling they are not just selling anything but the books they like to read themselves. And it feels like they have read everything they sell... Dangerous place for me, so close to my place and so many nice books :-)
... place for a beer or more: Ab der Fisch in Moltkestrasse. Near my place, great drinks, great food, and it feels like home.
... park: Zoopark. Around the corner from my place, great for an evening run or a Sunday afternoon stroll, in summer you sunbathe, in winter you watch kids ice skating on the lake. Little dangerous, coz lot of people think search for the zoo there... but there is none.
...museum: K20 for their regular exhibition, works of art of the 20th century.
... nighttime entertainment: Apollo Variete. It's perfect for me: old-fashioned, circus-style artist, with a life band, great food, and more personal than in a huge circus tent.
... sports place: MENSCH Sport und Erlebniswelt. It's my gym for fittnessing and climbing.
... outdoor spot: Rheinwiesen Oberkassel. By the banks of the Rhine in Oberkassel you have a great spot for letting your kite fly! Perfect view to the Old City, kite experts to admire, and a guy selling ice-cream in summer. And wind of course!!
... cinema: Metropol, Bambi, Cinema, Black Box, Lichtburg and Souterrain, these movie theatres are old, small, old-fashioned and show extraordinary movies, not big holywood productions.
... event: the fishmarket (once every month during the sommer) and the big Japan Day with the fireworks (usually on a Saturday in June)
... evening relaxation: A bike trip of about 1 hour. Cycle along the Rhein towards the Airport bridge, cross the Rhein here and stop on the bridge - to watch the aeroplanes leaving D?sseldorf international airport, just over your head! Then continue your trip, having reached the other bank of the river cycle back in the directin of the city and have another stop at one of my favorite beergardens: M?nchwerth. Depending on your level of energy cross the river over Oberkasseler Bridge or Knie Bridge.
I don't think that many tourists go to this museum - I've never met anyone who did, and I'll never recommend such a... more travel advice
- See All Climbing at the Vertical Park
- See All MuseumsBike
- See All It's Fresh!
- See All Christmas Markets
IceBear7's Related Pages
Düsseldorf Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Die längste Theke der Welt and ... My new hometown"
- "Düsseldorf in the Snow"
- "Designer Dusseldorf"
- "Altbier on the Rhine"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Düsseldorf
- Hotels in Düsseldorf
- Transportation in Düsseldorf
- Nightlife in Düsseldorf
- Restaurants in Düsseldorf
- Shopping in Düsseldorf
- Warnings and Dangers in Düsseldorf
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Düsseldorf
- 66 Reviews
- 52 Photos
- 11 Forum posts
- 29 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Düsseldorf?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Düsseldorf
Photos in DüsseldorfSee All Photos (52)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Düsseldorf Intro, 66 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Aachen Intro, 24 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fulda Intro, 20 reviews, 19 photos, 3 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 13 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination British Virgin Islands Intro, 16 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 14 reviews, 19 photos, 3 travelogues
- Leipzig Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- California Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos, 3 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues