"Sweetberry's Tyler Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Tyler by Sweetberry1
Tyler Travel Guide: 59 reviews and 151 photos
Tyler was named for President John Tyler who was one of the principals in bringing Texas into the Union. Tyler is known for its Roses and Azaleas.
The incorporation date of Tyler: 1846
The population of Tyler is approximately 75,450.
In the heart of the East Texas oil field, Tyler has refineries and other oil-based industries.
The growing city has also become the location of the administrative headquarters of various oil companies.
Tyler has a foundry, in addition to plants that manufacture pipes, tires, and electrical equipment. Although its once-famous rose-growing industry has greatly declined, it still features a huge municipal rose garden and an annual fall rose festival.
Tyler is the seat of a Univ. of Texas campus and Texas College. In the city, which has a symphony orchestra and a civic theater, are a museum of art and a planetarium. Nearby are a number of small lakes as well as a state park.
- Pros:Charming, Great siteseeing, lots of historical buildings...
- Cons:Wasn't there long enough to find any..
- In a nutshell:City full of Surprises...
Having a Camera with you is a must. There are many beautiful things here to take snaps of. more travel advice
Many types and kinds of animals, birds, etc may be seen here. Flamingoes and ducks from all over the world can also be... more travel advice
Sweetberry1's Related Pages
Tyler Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tyler,Texas--Come for the Azalea and Rose Festival"
- "A Tyler Rose-Less Page :o("
- "Sweetberry's Tyler Page"
- "The Rose of Texas"
- "Blueump's Tyler Page"
- "Tyler - My Birthplace"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tyler
- Hotels in Tyler
- Transportation in Tyler
- Nightlife in Tyler
- Restaurants in Tyler
- Warnings and Dangers in Tyler
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Tyler
- 10 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 25 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Tyler?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tyler
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hervey Bay Intro, 82 reviews, 101 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Geelong Intro, 66 reviews, 83 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 60 reviews, 62 photos
- Killeen Intro, 57 reviews, 59 photos
- Honolulu Intro, 41 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 40 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 49 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 47 reviews, 47 photos
- Dallas Intro, 28 reviews, 29 photos
- Texas Intro, 25 reviews, 27 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (67)
Latest Tyler hotel reviews
- Holiday Inn Select Tyler
- 99 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 23, 2013
- Ramada Inn Tyler Texas
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 30, 2013
- Value Place Tyler
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 13, 2013
- Motel 6 Tyler
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 24, 2013
- Woldert-Spence Manor
- 52 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 24, 2012
- Tyler Express Inn
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
- Comfort Suites at South Broadway Mall
- 58 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013