"Sweetberry's Gorice Page" Gorice by Sweetberry1
Gorice Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 22 photos
Gorice. (pronounced Goriche)
This is a small village in a beautiful part of Slovenia, in the region of Kranj.
This is also the village where I was Christened, in the church you see on the photo... after moving here from Ljubljana... where I was born.
Things don't seem to have changed an awful lot here.. as in most villages in Slovenia, time seems to stand still in a lot of ways.
But what has changed, is the way people live now. Most of the houses appear to be new, and modern. A far cry from the thatch-roofed cottages of some years ago.
The livelihood of these people has always been in farming, and evidently, that is still true today. However, many of these people also have regular wage paying jobs now, which is true for most Slovenian villages today.
Gorice consists of aproximately 65 houses, a church, one hotel, a general store, and a school..
It is surrounded by lovely mountains, and beautiful scenery.
The population here is relatively small, aproximatly 250 + citizens, and I would think most would be at there respective jobs during the week, hence, not too many people are out and about on the streets.
But on this particular day, it was the oppressive heat that kept everyone indoors.
Thanks to a wonderful lady, 'Olga' I will now be able to make an effort on creating this page ;-)
She recently went to this village just to take photos, and obtain some information from the people that live here. I hope she knows how much I appreciate this wonderful thing she did.
Thank you Olga, it's people like you that makes this such a wonderful world... :-)
- Pros:Beautiful scenery and Mountains.. and I am told, lovely, welcoming, people...
- Cons:Aparently, the local hotel is closed on Tuesdays.. ha,ha....
- In a nutshell:A must see, if visiting this part of Slovenia...
A mountain backdrop adds to the beautiful landscape of this region. Obviously, a very peaceful and serene place... more travel advice
This map of the region shows other towns in the area. Not very visible, to the left of Gorice, is another lovely place... more travel advice
Sweetberry1's Related Pages
Gorice Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Gorice
- 20 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Gorice?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gorice
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hervey Bay Intro, 82 reviews, 101 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Geelong Intro, 66 reviews, 83 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 60 reviews, 62 photos
- Killeen Intro, 57 reviews, 59 photos
- Honolulu Intro, 41 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 40 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 49 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 47 reviews, 47 photos
- Dallas Intro, 28 reviews, 29 photos
- Texas Intro, 25 reviews, 27 photos