"Sweetberry's "Texas" Page" Texas by Sweetberry1
Texas Travel Guide: 13,170 reviews and 26,799 photos
Government: Bicameral Legislature
28th state to enter the Union: Dec. 29, 1845
Present constitution adopted: 1876
State motto: Friendship (1930)
Flower: Bluebonnet (1901)
Bird: Mockingbird (1927)
Tree: Pecan (1919)
Song: "Texas, Our Texas" (1929)
Origin of name: Texas, or Tejas, was the Spanish pronunciation of a Caddo Indian word meaning "friends" or "allies."
Nickname: Texas is called the Lonestar State because of the design of the state flag.. a broad vertical blue stripe at left centered by a single white star, with horizontal bars of white and red on the right.
You would have to be in Texas a very long time to be able to explore all 267,000 square miles of this State.
Texas usually evokes visions of the cattleman, the cowboys and rough oilmen, but there is far more diversity of people and land in this great state.
Located in the middle of southern USA and on the Gulf of Mexico, the Lone Star State's land changes from dark pine woods, to rolling hills, and beautiful desert.
Each area has its own commerce, and different agricultural specialties... and distinctive weather, but all the land is equal in its beauty and history.
- Pros:The wonderful people, Awesome place!!!
- Cons:Just a little too far from Oz..
- In a nutshell:Just Awesome!!! I will definitely visit again.
Taking off for the wide open spaces of Texas, gives you a feeling of freedom.. especially in not over populated areas.... more travel advice
The Texas Roadhouse is a great place to eat if you like a good tender steak. But that is not all that they serve here..... more travel advice
Sweetberry1's Related Pages
Texas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lots to see in Texas"
- "Keeweechic's Texas"
- "Around Texas"
- "TEXAS--What took us so long to get here?"
- "Texas Back Roads and Byways"
- "My Home: Texas"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Texas
- Hotels in Texas
- Transportation in Texas
- Nightlife in Texas
- Restaurants in Texas
- Shopping in Texas
- Warnings and Dangers in Texas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Texas
- 226 Reviews
- 244 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 10 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Texas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Texas
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hervey Bay Intro, 82 reviews, 101 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Geelong Intro, 66 reviews, 83 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 60 reviews, 62 photos
- Killeen Intro, 57 reviews, 59 photos
- Honolulu Intro, 41 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 40 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 49 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 47 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 28 reviews, 29 photos
- Texas Intro, 25 reviews, 27 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (67)
Top Texas hotels
- San Antonio Hotels
- 1361 Reviews - 3151 Photos
- Galveston Hotels
- 273 Reviews - 607 Photos
- Houston Hotels
- 1232 Reviews - 2081 Photos
- South Padre Island Hotels
- 146 Reviews - 183 Photos
- Austin Hotels
- 1133 Reviews - 1623 Photos
- Corpus Christi Hotels
- 123 Reviews - 291 Photos
- Port Aransas Hotels
- 48 Reviews - 55 Photos
- Dallas Hotels
- 1335 Reviews - 2444 Photos
- Lubbock Hotels
- 43 Reviews - 55 Photos
- Granbury Hotels
- 106 Reviews - 159 Photos
- New Braunfels Hotels
- 110 Reviews - 154 Photos
- Killeen Hotels
- 66 Reviews - 73 Photos
- Fort Worth Hotels
- 891 Reviews - 1880 Photos
- San Marcos Hotels
- 66 Reviews - 60 Photos
- Tyler Hotels
- 59 Reviews - 151 Photos