Hervey Bay Off The Beaten Path Tips by Sweetberry1 Top 5 Page for this destination
Hervey Bay Off The Beaten Path: 13 reviews and 25 photos
The grounds of Brooklyn House are like a big park. The Mansion is almost hidden by all the trees and shrubs surrounding it. In fact, when you first drive up, the only thing you see is this entrance
Other Contact: %cbWilliam St. Howard%c*
Brooklyn House is a lovely old 86 sq historical mansion, located in the village of Howard.
This beautifully restored Queenslander offers guided tours and Devonshire Teas.
Howard is located on the Bruce Highway, 15 minutes north of Maryborough, and aproximately 30 minutes from Hervey Bay.
The tour and tea cost - $6.
Phone: (07) 4129 4943
I mean the fruit variety.. 'Passionfruit' grows here in abundance.. I have a side fence completely covered in the vine, and the flowers it produces are simply beautiful.
The gardens have many ponds, and with that, you see many types of water fowl, ducks, and other water loving birds.
Some very unusual trees and shrubs can be found here. There are also many walking tracks around the gardens.. with lovely bridges, an abundant birdlife..
Not very many visitors to this city think about spending some time at the botanical gardens.. Which is a real shame, as they really are lovely.
This is possibly due to the fact that the gardens are not in the main part of town, but slightly out of the mainstream area.
Toogoom is a small township a few miles north of Hervey Bay... just take care not to blink, or you may miss it.. lol..
There is a lovely hotel/resturant right on the beach, with an indoor/outdoor eating area.
You can wine and dine, or just enjoy a beer,
and the tranquil setting. And enjoy a beautiful sunset.
More Reviews (75)
- See All Wedding Chapel - In the Gardens
- See All Serenity+.. Beautiful Tropical Gardens..
- See All Watching Sport..
- See All Best Texas Steak.. outside of Texas.
- See All Public Toilets/Bathrooms
- See All Country Style
Sweetberry1's Related Pages
Hervey Bay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sweetberry's Hervey Bay..."
- "HAVE A WHALE OF A TIME AT HERVEY BAY!"
- "Hervey Bay - Queensland"
- "Hervey Bay -Gods Waiting Room"
- "You must see the whales"
- "HERVEY BAY"
- "Hervey Bay"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hervey Bay
- Hotels in Hervey Bay
- Transportation in Hervey Bay
- Nightlife in Hervey Bay
- Restaurants in Hervey Bay
- Shopping in Hervey Bay
- Warnings and Dangers in Hervey Bay
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hervey Bay
- 82 Reviews
- 101 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 44 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Hervey Bay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hervey Bay
- Commented on one of grantravel's Hervey Bay travel pages
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "RE: RE: perfume, for a woman"
- Wrote a Review Wedding Chapel - In the Gardens in Hervey Bay Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Wedding Chapel - In the Gardens"
- updated a Hervey Bay Travel Page "Sweetberry's Hervey Bay..."
Photos in Hervey BaySee All Photos (101)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hervey Bay Intro, 82 reviews, 101 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Geelong Intro, 66 reviews, 83 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 60 reviews, 62 photos
- Killeen Intro, 57 reviews, 59 photos
- Honolulu Intro, 41 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 40 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 49 reviews, 50 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 47 reviews, 47 photos
- Dallas Intro, 28 reviews, 29 photos
- Texas Intro, 25 reviews, 27 photos